Need help Transporting a horse.

Nitrostreak

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 12, 2011
Jackson County
I hope this is the right thread for this...

I'm taking in a 3 year old filly, but she's a long way away from me.

I've already got a volunteer to bring her as far north as Rentz, Georgia, and I'm in Cornelia, Georgia.

If you've got a truck and trailer and can volunteer it will be greatly appreciated!

If you can not find anyone, maybe you can find someone at the boarding stable to haul a horse for you? Or hire a shipping company.

they are very good and I never had any problems with either one of them!

I'll have to look around to see if I can find a stable in my area. I don't know of any shipping companies, but I'm willing to bet it wouldn't be cheap :x

No, transporting a horse is not cheap. As high as fuel prices are, you'll have a difficult time finding someone to donate their time and fuel to get your filly to you. However, you may find someone who needs to transport a horse in your direction and may split the cost with you. Is the filly a rescue? Or did someone give you to her? If she was purchased the seller may help you find someone.

Try Horse Rescue Railroad they might be able to organize a ride for your filly-to-be. Good luck!

Well can you "rent" a truck and trailer? That would be the most cheapest route without hiring anyone.

This is what we did when we had a horse or two. We didn't own a trailer and rarely needed one so when the rare occasion arose in which we needed to move a horse we rented a trailer from our local US Rental's place. I don't remember the cost but it was very reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom