Need help with chick found outside

chicken legs

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jul 9, 2007
SW, CT
found a chick flobbin cross the road...very young! 2-3 days old...tried sugar water...now what?
here are pictures

put a fork in me
I'm done

*edited title for clarity*

Last edited by a moderator:
first and for most it needs to be in a box with a heat lite on it. put some marbles in a water dish so that it does not drown.
was it attacked by another animal or predator?

it's in makeshift brooder...not drinking much...Bodynsoul in chat said not to worry about food until it's drinking better...not sure it will make it thru the night. It has 2 wounds (Look to be surface) on back....seems to have narrowly escaped a predator. Water is in there but it does not go and drink from it.

ANY suggestions are greatly appreciated?

The makeshift brooder is about 100F. Have done my best for the night with help from everybody...thanks to all of you

oh...

and a special thanks to my veterinary hospital whose answering service suggested that I call the emergency hospital who then promptly informed me that they "don't do" wildlife but gladly gave me their web address
smack.gif
WUH?

Last edited:
u know what.. that might not be a cicken chick. might be a pheasent chick... or something else... hmmmmmm doesnt look like a chicken chick... good luck.. if it is a pheasent chick it would be much older than 3 days. just by size judgement.. try looking pheasent chicks up on google or something... or that sight that i posted eartlyer.... might have game bird info.. good luck! ohh.. and it might need spesial feed ... idk.

I don't see any sign of a comb. I'm not experienced in all the different breeds of chickens and their development but I think you have something besides a chicken.

100 in the brooder might be too warm.

Back
Top Bottom