Need Help with my Sebastopol Goose - Respiratory Disease???

schmockl

Songster
8 Years
Mar 27, 2013
Northwest Wisconsin
Can anyone help me? I have a 3 month old goose that I purchased locally that I've had for about a month now. When I first got her she made weird noise every once in a while when she would exhale. I now have noticed in the last couple of days that she coughs and today she was kind of shaking her head as well. Do you think this is a respiratory disease or something else - like worms?

What kind of medicine can she be treated with and what are the dosages.

Can anyone help me? I have a 3 month old goose that I purchased locally that I've had for about a month now. When I first got her she made weird noise every once in a while when she would exhale. I now have noticed in the last couple of days that she coughs and today she was kind of shaking her head as well. Do you think this is a respiratory disease or something else - like worms?

What kind of medicine can she be treated with and what are the dosages.
Hi schmockl. Is there no vet nearby to take her to that would help? Just some thoughts...could be gape worms, in which case go to the feedstore, I imagine they supply wormer for birds? the dosage will be on the packet. Or, if it´s respiratory, she´d be quite ill, and would need antibiotics. Baytril is good for geese, lowest dosage, I think the one I get here is 15 mg. I´d be surprised if it´s respiratory as it´s been a long time, but not impossible, I suppose. Shaking her head could be a sign of worms. Hope you get it sorted soon.

We bought a male and he sorta had the same thing... we think he got pneumonia and choked on food, he died 2 days later!
I'm so sorry
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom