Need help with Rabbit basics please.

When I put my add on CL, I am usually sold out in 1hr. I wait until I have 8-10 feed sacks full, make a listing, and they are gone that day. I have had one couple recently ask me to call them when I have 100lbs.

I did some research on that. It's a cool manure and very good for the garden.

The only thing I have against buying any kind of poop from someone else is that I can't be sure what other creatures they keep and whether they comingle in any way. Biosecurity is a concern for me.
Stick with your original plan and get your own Bunnies to make your manure..👍❤️

Plus you get poop making pets that have a real purpose for your gardening..
Are you lobbying for bunnies? :gig I very much enjoy the contributions my chickens make. The only place I have weeds is in my well protected garden! Bunny poop has been amazing in the garden though and since I don't have to compost it first, is much preferred for the edibles.

I have to see what decisions my chickens make about roosting before I can get a bunny though. If they can share the big coop then I'm ready. If not, I'll have to build a bunny house and run first.

Are you lobbying for bunnies? :gig I very much enjoy the contributions my chickens make. The only place I have weeds is in my well protected garden! Bunny poop has been amazing in the garden though and since I don't have to compost it first, is much preferred for the edibles.

I have to see what decisions my chickens make about roosting before I can get a bunny though. If they can share the big coop then I'm ready. If not, I'll have to build a bunny house and run first.
Of course I am... I'm saying get Bunnies..😂🐰

Ok, bunny will be here later today. Just one, a female. I have no idea if she's spayed or not, nor do I know anything about how she was kept before. She didn't get along with the bun my son already has so I'm taking her. Very excited!

I have a rabbit hutch that I was brooding chicks in and summer is coming so she's an indoor bunny for now.

The hutch has a pull out drawer that's lined with plastic. Does anyone normally line this with something like newspaper? What about urine odor buildup in the plastic?

Anyway, here's our new girl and her future temporary hutch (pardon the mess. I'm cleaning now).
IMG_3732.jpg
IMG_3730.jpg

20200415_100844.jpg
20200415_100857.jpg

Back
Top Bottom