Need Help

acanterbury27

Hatching
Apr 23, 2021
We just had a cold Snap this week and it brought something on with 6 of my hens and my rooster. They are all sneezing and wheezing and one of them you can hear all of it when she breaths. I dont know what happened other than this cold snap and them getting wet before it got cold. My Set of chickens that are sick are about a year old now

Hmmm, I think this requires some additional investigation. Three days seems like a long time to be sneezing. Maybe they have respiratory infections. Can you show us your coop setup and ventilation? Is your coop drafty? Cold typically isn’t a problem for most chickens, but drafts or ventilation problems can cause issues. What kind of food are they eating? Thanks!

Thank you. They are supplemented with scratch grains and 28% protein pellet feed. My chickens are much better now. Just have the one that is still sneezing a little bit

We just had a cold Snap this week and it brought something on with 6 of my hens and my rooster. They are all sneezing and wheezing and one of them you can hear all of it when she breaths. I dont know what happened other than this cold snap and them getting wet before it got cold. My Set of chickens that are sick are about a year old now
Hmm it seems like she may have a respiratory infection? How often do you clean your coop? Do you have vents.

Back
Top Bottom