NEED HELP

jennyworley35

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 14, 2012
Elmore Alabama

My very first hatch!!!
jumpy.gif
2 cute baby silkies.Here's the problem one hatched @ 10:00 am and the other @ 3:30pm they are trying to get up and walk around and the poor little guys or girls are slipping on the slick surface ( homade incubator made out of cooler) This being my first time hatching eggs I did not think to put anything in the bottom so my question is can I open the bator and what should I put down ? wire screnn or pine shavings? I'll put a pic to show you

if you had any of that rubber shelf liner that works really well and yes ide put something in real quick cause they can really injure there legs from slipping i thik its called splayed leg also if nothing else shaving would probably work but it would be fine to open quickly and help them out . good luck

Thanks great idea i just yanked some out of my cabinet washed it and through it in the dryer for a min hope it doesn't melt lol but thanks again you saved my babies

I have ten in all mixes australorp ee cross, two bantams that are Japanese barred, and six mixed not sure on lol given to my kiddos recently and came a eggs and she is still laying so hopefully come out a something lol

Back
Top Bottom