need homecoming attire help

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by key west chick, Oct 4, 2010.

1. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    DS, 15 is going to HC in 2 weeks. His GF is wearing a tea length, purple dress. Not lavender, but a deep purple. DS said no to a tie. What do I dress him in to compliment her dress? I will have to go shopping and buy him everything, he has NOTHING to wear for this. I figure black dress shoes, and pants. Maybe a coat. But what color shirt? My mother said a lavender color, DS cringed. Help please!!!

2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:ok, guy to the rescue......

I agree with your son..

black slacks, perhaps a vest no coat? Instead of a tie, make his boutineer something that works for color. I hate ties myself, but you'd never catch me dead in a bowtie [​IMG]

3. wildorchid053

wildorchid053 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    syracuse area, ny
    do a black suit, white shirt and his boutineer can be purple to match hers and her dress

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I love ties, have hundreds. Wear every day to work. But if your son says no ties, then no ties it is.

How about black suit with dark purple shirt, or all black. Both are masculine enough.

I agree with your sons cringe at the lavendar shirt. [​IMG]

Imp

5. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    Have to agree with the Imp. I also have several ties, and I enjoy wearing
    one. But no, I don't do it every day.

Taking my best girl to a dance...yeah, that would qualify as a "dress up" date
    in my world. Homecoming...not to the level of a tux. No tophat. But still well dressed.
    Coat and tie time.

Guess I'm just old school. My wife has an aunt, she still wears her gloves, beautiful
    little hats.

Pure style.

Sometimes you just gotta tie it up...

6. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    I would just do nice black shoes, nice black slacks, and a really really deep (almost black) purple color button up shirt tucked in. Make sure the shirt doesn't clash with the dress. I don't know if I would go with a coat, but do a black one if you think it's appropriate. No tie or bowtie needed.

7. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Thanks everyone, he's feeling a little bit better now that he's gotten some opinions other than mine! (or his grandmothers!) This is a new GF so I told him he needs to dress to impress.

8. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    I like a black shirt with black pants. [​IMG]

9. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

He could always ask his date for her preference.

10. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    Quote:But then he could get stuck with the dreaded lavender shirt. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by