need homecoming attire help

key west chick

Songster
11 Years
May 31, 2008
Gainesville, GA
DS, 15 is going to HC in 2 weeks. His GF is wearing a tea length, purple dress. Not lavender, but a deep purple. DS said no to a tie. What do I dress him in to compliment her dress? I will have to go shopping and buy him everything, he has NOTHING to wear for this. I figure black dress shoes, and pants. Maybe a coat. But what color shirt? My mother said a lavender color, DS cringed. Help please!!!

Quote:
ok, guy to the rescue......

I agree with your son..

black slacks, perhaps a vest no coat? Instead of a tie, make his boutineer something that works for color. I hate ties myself, but you'd never catch me dead in a bowtie
th.gif

I love ties, have hundreds. Wear every day to work. But if your son says no ties, then no ties it is.

How about black suit with dark purple shirt, or all black. Both are masculine enough.

I agree with your sons cringe at the lavendar shirt.
roll.png

Imp

Have to agree with the Imp. I also have several ties, and I enjoy wearing
one. But no, I don't do it every day.

Taking my best girl to a dance...yeah, that would qualify as a "dress up" date
in my world. Homecoming...not to the level of a tux. No tophat. But still well dressed.
Coat and tie time.

Guess I'm just old school. My wife has an aunt, she still wears her gloves, beautiful
little hats.

Pure style.

Sometimes you just gotta tie it up...

I would just do nice black shoes, nice black slacks, and a really really deep (almost black) purple color button up shirt tucked in. Make sure the shirt doesn't clash with the dress. I don't know if I would go with a coat, but do a black one if you think it's appropriate. No tie or bowtie needed.

Thanks everyone, he's feeling a little bit better now that he's gotten some opinions other than mine! (or his grandmothers!) This is a new GF so I told him he needs to dress to impress.

Back
Top Bottom