Need ideas for a 'fort knox' turkey pen

Poultator

In the Brooder
Apr 17, 2016
I have three mixed heritage breed poults indoors that are a week and three days old. These little guys are the new love of my life, but I can't keep them indoors forever. Unfortunately I am finding little on ideas for shelters.

We are in a rural community with coyotes, foxes, and my neighbors dumb dog coming into our yard very frequently. For this reason I need a very secure shelter! I want a coop and run area that they can stay in most of the time, with a few hours of supervised free ranging. I am very architecturally challenged, and would love some ideas---especially if you have pictures!

I know it will be a while yet before they are ready for the great outdoors, but I need to get building because they are growing up fast.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/permanent-hoop-coop-guide

I live rural with the same predator list (- neighbor dog + black bear + raccoon + possum + skunk which I imagine you have also). I decided on a cattle panel coop (for chickens mind you, no turkeys here) but imagine it could be useful for them as well. Modular design in the you can extend it as far as you want with additional cattle panels and hardware cloth covering.

Back
Top Bottom