Need ideas to keep him upright 😥

Redbirdacres

Songster
Mar 22, 2022
This is nubby. We've been treating him for multiple things for weeks on end (please see previous threads for more explanations). He flips himself over multiple times a day and is unable to get back on his stomach. I need ideas to try to keep him upright. I will possibly be building him a DIY wheelchair but I'm unsure how it will perform on grass. For now, I need any and all ideas to stop him from flipping over. He uses the nub of his ankle (hence the name) and his good foot to push himself along but will try to stand, lose balance, and fall over as seen in the video. He won't stay still so a rolled up towel fit around him doesn't work. Please help!

Attachments

• 20230421_132337.jpg
    20230421_132337.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 10
This kid gets on my nerves but it’s a good video showing something to use in the time being I until you get the wheel chairs done
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/how-to-sling-a-ducks-leg.1450307/#post-24133375
Thanks for everything @Miss Lydia. I went to leave to go get some things for a sling and DIY wheelchair for him and he was flipped over. I went to flip him again and he was gone. I appreciate all the love and support you’ve given me and nubby over the last few weeks.

Oh my gosh I am so sorry. My heart breaks for you:hugs
I'm heartbroken. He'd looked better the past day and a half and I thought we were turning a corner. I've had that boy in my lap every day for 9 weeks. He would respond to my questions and talk to me. He'd turn his bill into my face and lean his head into mine. He was buddy.

I'm heartbroken. He'd looked better the past day and a half and I thought we were turning a corner. I've had that boy in my lap every day for 9 weeks. He would respond to my questions and talk to me. He'd turn his bill into my face and lean his head into mine. He was buddy.
I am so sad for you and Nubby. But you loved him and were his buddy too. You know that he went having had the best care and knowing he was loved. Remember the good times and his little fluffy body next to you.

Back
Top Bottom