Need Kitten Experts, Please? Can I use Hemorrhoidal wipes on painful swollen kitten butt?

Large, long, & hard.

She gets wet food, & dry food. Sometimes a combo. Occasionally we give her formula mixed with water.

She's been drinking plain water really well lately.
Kitten formula, right? And kitten wet/dry food?

Hopefully it was just a one time thing - sometimes they can have one poop that's a little abnormal. I'd be more concerned if it continues. Try to stay pretty consistent with her diet and feeding times/quantities, and that hopefully will get her on a better schedule.

Theres one I got at TSC- its called crazy little kitty dewormer, I believe. Its 6 or 7 dollars and its a sort of syrup you mix with the food. It says not to use on a kitten under 8 weeks, since the measurement is in teaspoons and they dont weight enough or something. Mine got 1/4 a teaspoon mixed with wet cat foot, once every ten days.

She is very young at 6 weeks old. At this age, she should be on wet food and starting to eat kibble. What food is she on? Has she switched foods recently? If she has not yet been dewormed (and her mother was not regularly wormed), then worms are pretty much a guarantee. In a kitten this age, diarrhea or constipation can become life threatening fairly quickly if they become dehydrated or stop eating. That kitten behind looks fairly normal to me - I'd be much more worried about why her stool is abnormal that the anus itself. Also, keep in mind that anything you put on her behind will be consumed, so please avoid most medications (especially in this young of a kitten). Mild A&D baby rash cream or aquaphor/petroleum jelly will do okay, as will keeping the area as clean as possible (use nonscented baby wipes).

Is she eating and drinking well? Full of energy?
The mother cat was a stray, who got sick one day, wandered off, & died leaving the person responsible for taking care of the kittens. The lady thought she was doing good trying to take care of them.

She's on Fancy Feast Kitten soft food, & Purina Naturals Kitten chow dry food.

She's a very spunky, playful kitten.

The mother cat was a stray, who got sick one day, wandered off, & died leaving the person responsible for taking care of the kittens. The lady thought she was doing good trying to take care of them.

She's on Fancy Feast Kitten soft food, & Purina Naturals Kitten chow dry food.

She's a very spunky, playful kitten.
In an ideal world, you would take a stool sample to a vet and have them test it for worms - there are lots of different worms that a kitten could have, each of which require a different dewormer.

In a less than ideal world? Pyrantel pamoate (sold for cattle, etc at the feed store) is a fairly standard dewormer that covers most of your common roundworms and hookworms. I can calculate a dosage for you if that is something you can get.

Kitten formula, right? And kitten wet/dry food?

Hopefully it was just a one time thing - sometimes they can have one poop that's a little abnormal. I'd be more concerned if it continues. Try to stay pretty consistent with her diet and feeding times/quantities, and that hopefully will get her on a better schedule.
Yes, kitten formula, & kitten wet/dry food.

We haven't really changed her feeding schedule much, except leaving it full access now.

So, is Triple Antibiotic Ointment okay to use on her sore bottom, or is petroleum Jelly better? I have petroleum Jelly for babies, but it's scented.

Hello, my sister's 6 week old kitten had a poop last night that made her scream in pain. Her butt
is painful, & swollen. Are Hemorrhoidal wipes safe to be used?

If you need pictures, I can take some.

Thank you in advance.
Hopefully your little kitten feels better. I had a little kitten that I found frozen and malnourished at around 2-3 weeks old. It was abandoned by its mother. It had some of the same symptoms as yours and later had a rectal prolapse. (I know you said yours does not have a rectal prolapse but constipation or issues with bowel movements can lead to one) He had to have stitch put in by our vet. He was sickly with a grade 5 heart murmur and lots of health issues and not expected to survive even through the surgery. He is now 1 year old much to the surprise of the vet. Anyway sorry about the long story I will get to my point. The vet recommended giving pumpkin to help his bowel movements and we saw a great improvement with him! She recommended this brand and we mixed ( a small amount) it in with his wet food once a day (while continuing to bottle feed). I could look back at my paperwork and see exactly how much she recommended if you think it would help. :) :fl
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...MIytKMvvm37AIVAY_ICh3JCgvAEAQYASABEgKNfvD_BwE
Well wishes to your family, yourself and your little kitten! I hope he improves. I don’t know if pumpkin would help but it certainly might, my vet said it works wonders for kittens with irregular bowel movements

In an ideal world, you would take a stool sample to a vet and have them test it for worms - there are lots of different worms that a kitten could have, each of which require a different dewormer.

In a less than ideal world? Pyrantel pamoate (sold for cattle, etc at the feed store) is a fairly standard dewormer that covers most of your common roundworms and hookworms. I can calculate a dosage for you if that is something you can get.
They sell that on Amazon.

I was gonna get the Hartz Ultra Guard dewormer, it's Piperazine Citrate for round worms.

I can weigh my sister's kitten for my kitten for the dosage if I get that other dewormer.

Back
Top Bottom