Need new ideas for hot dogs...

i'm spoiled, as my dad makes sausages and dogs. hard to eat the store stuff after that
tongue.png

however, i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE bagel dogs. schwann's is the only place i can get them in my area, and they're as expensive as all get out! $14 bucks for 8!

i would love for someone to give a recipe for those!
tongue.png
a cheese sausage encased in seasoned bagel dough

mmmmm

Bagels are easy to make.

Find a recipe from King Arthur for bagels, roll out a hunk of dough to encapsulate the hot dog, poach them for about a minute per side and then bake.

Thanks everyone for the great ideas...

Quote:
Thanks for the link...I'll check it out!!

Quote:
Homemade chili is for eating out of a bowl...LOL...My favorite hot dog chili is Wolf Brand with beans. I've tried many different brands and recipes and they are the best hands down.

Quote:
Yup...they are good!!

This is my nanny's recipe, so I can't really take any of the credit. They sound weird, but believe me, they are really good!
You'll need some mashed potatoes, (from a box are fine). Just prepare them how you normally would. Or alot of the time we use leftover potatoes from the night before. Then take some hotdogs and cut them "hotdog way"
big_smile.png
but don't cut them in half. Place them on a cookie sheet and kindof spread them apart alittlebit and then fill them with your potatoes. Top with some cheese, and then just throw them in the oven for a few minutes to heat up. Yum!!

They have an extensive collection of recipes on their website also.

Really, any lean french bread type dough will make a decent bagel, just add a couple Tablespoons of brown sugar.

18 ounces flour
12 ounces water
1 tsp yeast
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 TBs brown sugar

Bagels2-21-10002resize.jpg

Back
Top Bottom