Short story because in a time crunch - my 5 month old bantam cochin has developed very weak left leg, took to vet yesterday, he gave me steroids and clavamox antibiotic. He wasn't sure what was wrong, couldn't see anything so it's probably neurological. Gave her dose of each last night. Overnight, she became much worse and was pretty much laying on her side, I had heard her thumping in the crate. She can't sit up. I called vet (1 hour away) and he said of course, not good sign, but obviously the meds have not had time to work. Do I put her down, or keep her on the meds til Monday? It's 11 where I am and vets will be closing if I need to get her in to put down. I have her wrapped in a towel holding her now so I can keep her upright. Please tell me what you would do. she can't even hold her head up the way she has to sit/lay. She can if I have her in the towel.