Need pics of Silver laced Wyandottes

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by RAREROO, Sep 26, 2009.

1. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    I had some young hatchery SLWs coming up and I would like to see picks of other grown hatchery SLWs to get an idea of the quality they will be and how well the lacing looks. Now I wish I had waited and found some from a breeder who selects for color, lacing and type, not just numbers, but I already have them now, so we'll see. I would also like to see BQ and SQs if you have them. I saw pics of Katy's birds and they were beautiful.

2. azelgin

azelgin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    S.E. AZ
    These came from Privett's, in New Mexico. I bought 25 of them. Not only does the lacing and color intensity vary from bird to bird, so does the type and size. Like a box of chocolates; never know what your gonna get. Some of them don't look like they could possibly be related to each other. These are pictures of them at a fairly young age. Everybody is molting right now, so we'll see what they look like in a month, or so.
    [​IMG]

3. RAREROO

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:Thanks, mine came from Privett Hatchery too. I got them on July 1 and one or two of the pullets have really nice lacing, so have OK lacing and the others are just mostly black. I guess I'll keep them for one season and see how they do, then I will either find better quality ones, quit with SLWs alltogether, or maybe switch to Silver Penciled Rocks if I decide I have to have a silver breed.

4. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    [​IMG]

"Bunny" 6 year old SLW. She's sweet too.

5. RAREROO

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Thanks Is she a hatchery bird too?

6. DebbieLynn

DebbieLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2009
    East Tennessee
    Meet Elvis, Priscilla and LisaMarie from McMurray's Hatchery........[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] I love em even if they are hatchery birds [​IMG]

7. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Quote:Yes, Bunny came from McMurray

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:Thanks [​IMG] I'm glad you like them.....I do too! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by