Need some help identifying a duck or two.

cmart009

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 13, 2010
Northern Indiana
I have a few crosses I need some help identifying; The first is the light brown duck in the middle of the video at the start of it, with the silver feathers on her wings. Along with that is her brother.

I have annotations in the video that point to the two of them, the first being Pastel (The sister), and her brother a little after.

If it helps, I don't have any of the same colored breeds twice; I have a Saxony drake, a black-spotted Ancona drake, a silver Magpie drake, a tan Runner duck, and a Rouen duck. The rest are Pekins, three Muscovies, a goose, and six call ducks.

The best I can make these two out to be are a cross of Ancona and something else, although we have (To my knowledge) three ducks that are an Ancona/Rouen cross. These two are the only ones that we can't figure out the cross of. We thought maybe they were Saxony/Ancona or Saxony/Pekin, but since there aren't really any viable sources that list duck cross colors, I thought to come to you guys.

Crosses can be tough sometimes!
I'll give you my educated guess.
They don't look like ancona crosses so I would rule that out.
They both look like Khaki campbells, but since you didn't list that as a possible breed then I will guess something else!
The ducks that you have there with the white neck stripes, those look like mixed ducks. I don't see any pure saxony or pure rouens (though they could just be hiding)

The female looks like she may be a rouen crossed with a saxony. She is fairly large (rouens tend to be large) and it looks like she has the facial stripes like a saxony. It's hard to tell though. Could you get a close up picture?

As for the drake, i also want to say khaki campbell as he is the light brown color of one and has the dark green head like khakis. But he could very well be the same mix as the female. Sometimes its just too hard to tell!

Alright, here are two pictures of them both. First is of the brother, and second is of Pastel, the sister.

So, any ideas? As said, these two are crosses; I'm not expecting perfect answers, but opinions on what they could be.

Here's a list of my ducks so far:

Pekins: 2 drakes, 9 hens
Rouen: 1 hen
Runner (Tan/white in color): 1 hen
Ancona (White with black spots): 1 drake
Saxony: 1 drake
Muscovy: 2 drakes (black/green and white), 3 hens (two chocolate/white, one black/green on white)
Call ducks: 6 drakes (5 black/green, 1 tan/white)
Magpie (Silver): 1 drake

Out of these, we've figured the other three crosses we've gotten are Rouen/Ancona, since their feet are splotchy black and orange, with white and black toenails. These two are the only ones that we've no idea on. Again, we're just looking for opinions on what they could possibly be combinations of, along with if anyone has any ducks similar to these two that they might feel like sharing information about.

Here's a picture of the other cross (Just two of the three in this photo; Their brother was elsewhere at the time).

Last edited:
The top picture looks like a khaki campbell drake. Not show quality (wrong color bill) but the feathering looks about right. Heres a picture of one of mine

The one below that looks like a hen, but a possible cross since her head is striped. But there is always a possibitiy of her being a pure khaki that simply has the wrong markings. Here is a pic of one of mine for comparison.

The other two are definitely crosses. I would agree and say rouen/saxony.

They sure are pretty.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom