Need some run ideas!! Please post pics...

happyhens120

Songster
8 Years
Aug 8, 2011
Central PA
My hubs bought me a new chicken coop, and it arrived yesterday. Now I need to come up with some ideas for the chicken run. It will be about 7 ft. high, and at least 24x40. I know I had seen pictures on here somewhere (and of course now I can't find them!) of chicken runs with fun "playground" like structures inside. Do any of you have any pictures you can share of the interesting things you have in your runs for your birds to play on/with? Thanks!

102768_run3.jpg

102768_run2.jpg

102768_run4.jpg

102768_run1.jpg

Quote:
See my BYC page for pics of my setup including a large run with plantings.

Love the run! I wish mine was going to be that big... we just don't have the space for that. It is actually going where my garden is... sacrificing about 1/3 of the garden for the chicken run.

Steve: I love the run and how you used what space you had to create it. What is the thing hanging by the feeder? Did you add the metal circle by the feeder to collect anything that fell so it would eliminate food waste?

I have some big ideas for this new coop/run! And I'm getting lots more! Keep posting, peeps!
wink.png

Quote:
The yellow bag was a fly attractant not a catcher. Let me tell you what a PITA!! It brought the entire neighborhoods flies to me!!! DUMB IDEA!!

I was being cheap and the girls scratch was everywhere so I put a good size shop pan under the girls food dish to save the and BOY DOES IT WORK GREAT!

102768_4x18_shop_pan.jpg

Ok... note to self: no fly bags!
tongue.png

I think I have a big galanized pan like that somewhere that I used at one point, but I never thought about putting it under their feeders to catch the mess. Great idea! I will be using that one!
thumbsup.gif

Coop update: We have divided the 8x12 coop into two areas so far... one 8x8 area for the girls, and a 4x8 area for storage/chicks. Very excited!
clap.gif

Steve.........if you read on most any of the fly catcher bags I've seen they say to place at least 30 from where you don't want them to be. Like you say, you found out why.

Back
Top Bottom