need to give away rooster, HELP! houston, tx

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kaylove, May 11, 2011.

1. kaylove

kaylove Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2011
    i believe one of my babies..may be a rooster..but if it turns out to be a roo i cannot keep him ( it'll be too loud). the person i bought it from said was a girl, but i think it's a roo. does anyone know where i can donate him or give him away in houston, tx?? please help!

2. 1320

1320 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2011
    You could post an ad on Craiglist in the "Free" section or you can mail him to me!

3. kaylove

May 10, 2011
    how would i mail him to you? heard of mailing and ordering them but arent you scared it'll die?!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

im not sure if its a roo but i hope not [​IMG]

4. 1320

1320 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2011
    It sure does have big feet doesn't it?! I can't say for sure if it's a roo. Mailing chickens isn't a problem at all except for the expense. Well, finding the right type of shipping box can be a problem but the Postal Service does a great job of handling live animals. Mailing him to Kentucky is likely a last resort but if you're out of options, he would have a nice home here and I'd be glad to adopt him!

5. screager312

screager312 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2010
    Mission
    What part of Houston? My boys live in Kingwood and I drive up from the valley often.

How old is he/she?

6. cmfarm

cmfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    How old? it does have a slightly larger comb but no wattles and it is very light colored. It could still be a girl.

7. kaylove

May 10, 2011
    you all are so sWEET! thank you. he's almost one month!! still a baby..i love him to death. he lays with me. he used to follow me. i just hope it can still be a female..bc i know i cannot have roo's. and im from NW houston, but willing to meet up if he turns out to a roo! but will miss him [​IMG]

8. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    I think your jumping the gun by saying it's a he already. I would wait until the chick lays an egg or crows. Usually, it takes a while to find out the gender. Sometimes 16-18 weeks. I know it's a tough wait and the anticipation is horrible, but it's best to be patient. [​IMG]. I bought 2-3 chicks straight run and I can't have roosters either. Good luck.

9. kaylove

May 10, 2011
    thanks! i will wait. i think im going to buy one more this weekend..their addicting and adorable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by