need to give away rooster, HELP! houston, tx

kaylove

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 10, 2011
i believe one of my babies..may be a rooster..but if it turns out to be a roo i cannot keep him ( it'll be too loud). the person i bought it from said was a girl, but i think it's a roo. does anyone know where i can donate him or give him away in houston, tx?? please help!

You could post an ad on Craiglist in the "Free" section or you can mail him to me!

how would i mail him to you? heard of mailing and ordering them but arent you scared it'll die?!

91151_img_0370.jpg

91151_img_0387.jpg

91151_img_0383.jpg

91151_img_0393.jpg

91151_img_0371.jpg

im not sure if its a roo but i hope not
sad.png

It sure does have big feet doesn't it?! I can't say for sure if it's a roo. Mailing chickens isn't a problem at all except for the expense. Well, finding the right type of shipping box can be a problem but the Postal Service does a great job of handling live animals. Mailing him to Kentucky is likely a last resort but if you're out of options, he would have a nice home here and I'd be glad to adopt him!

How old? it does have a slightly larger comb but no wattles and it is very light colored. It could still be a girl.

you all are so sWEET! thank you. he's almost one month!! still a baby..i love him to death. he lays with me. he used to follow me. i just hope it can still be a female..bc i know i cannot have roo's. and im from NW houston, but willing to meet up if he turns out to a roo! but will miss him
hit.gif

I think your jumping the gun by saying it's a he already. I would wait until the chick lays an egg or crows. Usually, it takes a while to find out the gender. Sometimes 16-18 weeks. I know it's a tough wait and the anticipation is horrible, but it's best to be patient.
smile.png
. I bought 2-3 chicks straight run and I can't have roosters either. Good luck.

thanks! i will wait. i think im going to buy one more this weekend..their addicting and adorable!

Back
Top Bottom