Need to make duck shoes for post bumblefoot surgery ASAP

I've read that you can use balloons (like punching balloons or ones on the larger side cause you wouldn't want them to tight). I've used just vet wrap (sports wrap) with gauze successfully. Tractor Supply sells it. Just splay out the toes/webbing so she can walk and go up the leg a couple inches to help keep it on. Of course you don't want it too tight. Downside tho is it has to be changed if it gets wet/muddy.
I have primarily used the vet wrap for my pekin when she has had bumblefoot. Hers took a long time to fully heal. The vet wrap started hurting the upper part of her foot. I had always been meaning to get duck booties, so I bit the bullet at that time. I found her foot healed so much faster with the duck booties. I could see a lot of improvement in a couple of days. They are really worth the money.

Vet wrap is still a great alternative, but in found the booties to just be soo much better and easier to treat with.

Also I recommend having two pairs, so can switch between washing one and using it.

I've read that you can use balloons (like punching balloons or ones on the larger side cause you wouldn't want them to tight). I've used just vet wrap (sports wrap) with gauze successfully. Tractor Supply sells it. Just splay out the toes/webbing so she can walk and go up the leg a couple inches to help keep it on. Of course you don't want it too tight. Downside tho is it has to be changed if it gets wet/muddy.
Yep, this is what I’ve been doing every day for about a week now. Just thought the shoes would be easier and less stressful. I can’t imagine doing it every day for months on end. Somebody should create a covering that is waterproof that they can actually swim in. 😊
I have primarily used the vet wrap for my pekin when she has had bumblefoot. Hers took a long time to fully heal. The vet wrap started hurting the upper part of her foot. I had always been meaning to get duck booties, so I bit the bullet at that time. I found her foot healed so much faster with the duck booties. I could see a lot of improvement in a couple of days. They are really worth the money.

Vet wrap is still a great alternative, but in found the booties to just be soo much better and easier to treat with.

Also I recommend having two pairs, so can switch between washing one and using it.
May I ask where you purchased yours?

Yep, this is what I’ve been doing every day for about a week now. Just thought the shoes would be easier and less stressful. I can’t imagine doing it every day for months on end. Somebody should create a covering that is waterproof that they can actually swim in. 😊

May I ask where you purchased yours?
I got mine through crazy k farms and they shipped quickly. I had also got a pair from party fowl, but they took a year to ship, which is a real shame since they are better quality.

I got mine through crazy k farms and they shipped quickly. I had also got a pair from party fowl, but they took a year to ship, which is a real shame since they are better quality.
Thank you! I read some bad reviews on party fowl. Not sure how much to believe sometimes, so take that with a grain of salt. I called Crazy K a couple days ago and left a message. No reply yet.

Thank you! I read some bad reviews on party fowl. Not sure how much to believe sometimes, so take that with a grain of salt. I called Crazy K a couple days ago and left a message. No reply yet.
Yeah a lot of the bad reviews I can understand. I had contacted them asking to cancel my order and they never responded. They make a great product, just no customer service and ridiculously long wait times.

I had emailed crazy k about my purchase and they responded in couple days. Hopefully they will call you back.

Back
Top Bottom