Edward and Lynn

In the Brooder
Aug 14, 2022
Lane County Oregon
Good Afternoon 🐓

One of the 4 chicks we purchased from a farm store June 18th turned out to be a roo so, we need to re-home him since we live inside City limits (roosters are not allowed).

We call him "Glen", he's a bit over 2 months old, and is a Sapphire Blue (Gem) Plymouth Rock. Glen is still very young and doesn't have his full adult plumage or vocalization yet - he has been trying, though most of the time he's pretty quiet. He is friendly and calm when I hold him, also seems to be comfortable around our cats.

We are located near Elmira, Oregon and would be happy to drive him to a new home where he will be cared for, if it's within reasonable driving distance from here (ex: Bend, Portland, Roseburg, Silverton, Salem, parts of the Coast, etc.).

Below is a cut/paste from a link at Rural Living Today about this breed:
Link: Rural Living Today - Sapphire (Blue) Gem Chicken

"Unlike many chickens, Sapphire Blue Plymouth Rock’s are docile and quiet. They are among the best chicken breeds to raise in your backyard.

They like to cuddle and receive attention from their owners, which makes them great pets. If you are looking for a lap chicken, look no further.

Raise sapphire gem chickens together or in a mixed flock. They also get along well with other breeds though they tend to be lower in the pecking order because they aren’t aggressive..."

Here are a couple more links with quick info & pictures on this newer Plymouth Rock breed:
Chicken Journal - Sapphire Blue Plymouth Rock
Petkeen.com - Sapphire Blue Plymouth Rock

Attached 2 photos of Glen and one grassy picture from Pinterest (not our photo) showing what adult Sapphire Blue (Gem) hens/rooster looks like (Pinterest link)

Attachments

• Glen resized 8.15.22.jpg
    Glen resized 8.15.22.jpg
    956 KB · Views: 48
  • Glen resized 2 8.15.22.jpg
    Glen resized 2 8.15.22.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 20
  • Pinterest Sapphire Gem Chickens.jpg
    Pinterest Sapphire Gem Chickens.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I wish I could take him but I’m in Alabama. But I hope posting here will keep the thread active. Good luck finding a home for him. He’s a very handsome devil.
Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness :) Glen was re-homed last Saturday 8.20.22. We are hoping things will work out for him so, he can mature into an adult rooster and enjoy life for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom