need to vent....depressed or peed off dont know which one....both

Craigslist is really bad about stuff like this..it is here anyway. Do you have an etsy shop yet?

I want one of those baby hats and a pair of booties, if you will ship. I am finding out Tuesday if I want them pink, or blue. Can you make me a set? PM with the info on them.

I would not waste my time worrying about the Emailer, they are more to be pityed, their life must be so sad and without friends and probably jealous because they can't knit!!!! Carry on with your good work and I loved the boots sooo cute....... I too am hoping to supplement the income a little, I am currently growing hundreds of perennial plants in the greenhouse which I am going to sell in September in the local village (one hopes so anyway!) they are coming along nicely, also going to sell fresh eggs, potatoes and other veggie produce..........runs out to feed the tomatoe plants>>>>>>>>> grow grow grow!

What is an etsy shop? I make animal-themed jewelry and have been looking for an outlet to sell. I have/had a website, but the shopping card and merchant account were costing me over $200 a month, so I am in the middle of reconfiguring the whole thing.

I was learning to crochet and all I could do was go in a circle. I kept going and going and eventually I made this giant useless circle. Ever since, all of my crocheting friends keep telling the story of my useless circle everytime crocheting is brought up. It was uneven and unattractive. So, I admire anyone who can do knitting or crocheting. It's my favorite gift to give for babies...handmade blankets or sweaters, etc.

Scootersmom wrote:
ok i make handmade stuff to sell to help supplement my hubbys income...well i posted a bunch of stuff that i had made on craigslist( some of the same stuff i have posted on here) well i get this email sayng my things are trash and no one in their right mind would buy them.....that they look like poop and so on..... i was hurt because these things took up alot of my time!!!
i guess people have no respect or just dont care....

Your emailer was a troll. they do this because they have no life and they make themselves feel better by making someone else feel bad.

Ignore them and they crawl back under a rock.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scoot...I totally agree with Lee and the other posters here..don't give a rat flip about that person who was probably stuffing in her 16th twinkie of the day during a commercial from her soap opera and on her way to get her free government groceries that she is perfectly capable of working for and just too dang lazy to do...meaning, as Al Bundy said on "Married with Children" that person is a "waste of a human life"...so don't give it another thought.​

I think a lot of it is just rude nasty people with nothing better to do....... now for the rest..... it's REALLY hard to present those kinds of crafts in the way you want through just a photo. I think they are more of a 'I picked it up and decided I had to have it' kind of item. Try doing some photo shoots with your items.... set them up like an ad photo, throw in a teddy bear and a baby rattle, etc... you get the idea
smile.png
If you're going to sell them based on photos.... make it a good pic, make people HAVE to HAVE it
wink.png
I think if you were to set up at an actual flea market, etc, you would probably do a lot better than you will on Craig's List. But that is just my opinion.

I think the blanket and the hat and booties are adorable!!! Unfortunately though, many of us don't have extra money right now
sad.png
I know I don't
sad.png

Good luck, don;t let it get you down... there are a lot of Trolls out there. Just ignore them... I can only imagine the kind of life they must have that they spend their time trying to make other people feel bad.

your so right guitartist I am a painter and nobody can afford to buy my paintings.And I could so use the extra money right now, to finish the house.

Last edited:
A couple weeks ago I clicked a link looking at jobs that took me to Craig's List. It looked like 10 to 15 people that were taking turns just insulting each other. Probably teenagers with nothing to do, I would just ignore it and press on.
Never give up!

I love that throw:D I started one many years ago same color even reminded me of mine I started and didnt finish and now with the arthritis so bad I cant now.dont let the craigs list emailer bother you he/she is a troll with nothing better to do than harass people. I wish I could crochet again like that Lovely work!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom