Need to vent we were burglerized over the past weekend!!!

This reeks of someone you know. They knew what you had and where it was. They knew about your safe and they would need something to move it with,, you aren't going to see 2 or 3 men lugging around a safe too often.

ETA: The cutting of all the wires is generally something done to try and throw suspicion on a random act, but it's too thought out to be random violence.

Last edited:
I can't imagine what you're feeling. I had a new pair of shoes stolen off my front porch (by some teens selling magazine subscriptions) and I felt totally violated.
I think I'd be a wreck too.

We were burglarized before. Its not a good feeling and I sympathize.
hmm.png

With us, it was the teen kids that lived behind us. Low lives....
I have insurance but there are items that are unreplaceable.

So sorry...i cant even imagine...
It also happend to my husbands parents... they took everything and they also took their huge safe too...
it turns out that a druggie family was behind it..(dad and 2 older teen kids..)
They would watch the obituaries in the newspaper and when they saw a family funeral was going on they went and robbed the peoples houses...
they were at my FIL's father funeral when they were robbed...
They got back nothing of what was stolen...
sad.png

The more I think about it the more I think it was someone who knew the layout of the inside of my house.... Well new locks a better alarm system and security cameras and some protection next on my nightstand should help me sleep better. Think I will keep things more secure and not just laying around the house anymore.

we had our gun safe stolen once
hmm.png

Obviously by people who knew us....

one day we had people over and someone said to me 'OoO that glass piggy bank is amazing, I'd love one like that. Where did you get it?'

A number of months later we were broken into and the piggy bank and the gun safe was all that got taken..... they had managed to cart our massive safe down a flight of stairs and a narrow hallway....

they had also let our animals out (my HOUSE cat and JRT).... they were found up the street
sad.png

We moved house (renting at the time) and cut ties with a lot of friends after that.

All of my friends know how much my hubby loves his guns... and how much I love my animals. so it was a real kick in the face.

I understand how you feel... Don't get mad. Get even.

Quote:
My firearms are not hidden in a safe - as you've noted, a gun safe draws thieves like moths to a flame. They've become adept at stealing them these days. I keep them secured in other locations.
Some people like to display those things they've worked for or are proud of. Not me. The only things visible or easily found are those things my insurance company is accustomed to replacing across the board. Sentimental items, guns, hoardes of gold coin, etc. are hidden in places that are not obvious, nor easy, to get to.
Ive also done pics of "the good stuff" and keep it on a $5 flash drive.

I feel your pain. Our house was broken into a couple months ago. It was amazing how quickly it all added up, I didn't even know we had that much stuff!

That sounds horrible. Hope the police in your area are helpful. When my house was broken into years ago the police took a report but had the attitude of too bad, so sad. When a friend was robbed in a different city the police took fingerprints, an inventory and were very nice. An acquaintance was robbed by a person who pawned the stuff to a shop that was suspicious. The shop reported the seller to the police so people got their stuff back. I hope This happens in your case.

Back
Top Bottom