Needed comfort food so.....

Pumpkinpup

Poultry Princess
12 Years
Jul 16, 2008
North-West Georgia
I just had to break down and make a big pot of homemade veggie soup with ground beef in it and a pone of yellow cornbread. Nothing says comfort to me like homemade soup and cornbread.
How bout you guys, what do you like?

vermont sharp cheddar cheese.Born and raised in upstate NY near the VT border so we used to have it all the time, so now when I am home sick I go get some and it makes me feel better.

Mashed Potatoes... along with meatloaf, Salisbury steak...

Chicken & Dumplins (though mine often turn into driplin's)

Ohhh bacon and pancakes... catheads and chocolate gravy...

Stew... Pot Roast... really I have a LOT of foods that remind me of home....

Darned if you didn't go and get me hungry!

P.S. last time I made Veggie Soup I used a small package (1lb or less) of stew meat that I found on sale (maybe even the clearance bin, can't recall) ... froze it up a bit, then cut it into small small cubes... browned, then tossed in with the rest and simmer forever... it was SO tender and added a great flavor... hamburger is what I used all the years before, but the flavor difference... so worth the extra work... and if caught on sale then the price per pound is actually less than what decent hbr goes for nowadays.

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm with Mandalina; Vermont sharp cheese (and crackers)! Of course, I live in NH and am nice and close to VT, but I still never get tired of it.

I love ice cream. I also love cumcumber with onion in apple cider vinegar with some splenda (or sugar) and some dill. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM now I'm
droolin.gif
lol

I grew up in Northern Kentucky, so nothin says home like a big pot of Cincinnati Chili
droolin.gif

also...
Mashed taters and gravy
homemade mac and cheese
turkey supper with all the trimmings
chicken soup

droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom