NEIGHBOR DOGS KILLING CHICKENS:

The OP said the dogs are jumping her fence when they are attacking her animals. So they are on her property.
I think she only ment to specify when and where if op where to shot the dogs it would be considered legal. Ie she can't shot them for digging at the fence but can as soon as they are through the fence. And questionable territory would include any shared driveways. I think it was just ment as a heads up that one would need to wait untill the intruding dog is fully within the perimeter before shooting.

I don't know where you live, but if you live in Texas or New Mexico, you will have a brand inspector that works in your district. Call the brand inspector. Dogs that kill livestock are not tolerated. Also, that sounds like an awful lot of dogs... does she have a kennel license? That's another thing to check into.

I agree that an electric fence is going to be your best bet here and you should put one up immediately - I know you can get a really nice one from Premier. But if those dogs are killing lambs, that is not good and she should be reported. From the way you describe your property it's possible the brand inspector is simply not aware of these dogs. Usually they drive around their districts and keep a pretty close eye on the livestock. But if the dogs are way in the back, and the lamb was buried etc, well, the brand inspector may simply not know about this.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I witnessed 15 dogs attacking a lamb one day she was not home. I text her over and over to come quick. I took out my BB Gun and shot at the dogs to no avail. Eventually, the lamb just dropped and died. My gardener dug a hole along the fence and the lamb was buried. One ear had been cut off a long time ago by one of the dogs, too. All she said was, "Oh, my baby, oh, my baby". Her dogs have fleas all over their eyes, mouth and nose and doubt seriously they are immunized. It is a horrible situation.

Back
Top Bottom