Neighbor's Dogs Killed Entire Flock & Donkey

OK ... sorry I've been away so long. I will fill in the details but basically I let it go. I figured neighbor's are more important than money or chickens. The dogs are now my friends ... and so are the neighbors. I can rebuild. I have 6 girls that survived and getting 4 eggs per day ... Not a "happy ending" but not a bad one.

That is such a shame, I hope you get compensation from your neighbor but I know that wont really mean anything in terms of hard work,

well hope all is well again soon
smile.png

I know your pain,I have been hand raising my chicks ,trying to expand my flock.I have so much time and money in these beautiful birds,Today a stray dog killed 7 of them.I loaded my 50 cal,cant afford for some stupid dog to be killing my birds.

I know your pain,I have been hand raising my chicks ,trying to expand my flock.I have so much time and money in these beautiful birds,Today a stray dog killed 7 of them.I loaded my 50 cal,cant afford for some stupid dog to be killing my birds.
And did you then unload it (on the dog)? You've gotta do what you need to, to protect your flock.

No My dog run the stray dog away,waiting for it to come back.I am so sad and so is my son who was very attached to the chicks.I had this happen a few months back by a neighbors dog,she only killed 2 but my limits have been met,I cant keep allowing this to happen.Thanks for your reply,its reassuring.

I too am so sorry for you loss. Been there done that. Had it happen. You are a much bigger person than I am. Have you replaced your burro ? If not I have a suggestion. My neighbor was killed in a vehicle accident. He left behind his wonderful wife (they were SO in love) a teenage daughter, and his animals. Two of the animals are burros ~ Pheona and Schreck. (from the cartoon movie). They must be re-homed. If you are interested in them they are FREE to a GOOD home. They need to stay together since they have been together "forever". They are both over size minis. They are very gentle and wonderful "watchdogs". Better watch dogs than the dogs. If anything, anyone, comes on the property Schreck (sp?) sounds the alarm. If you are interested you can email me at [email protected]. Schreck is going to get 'snipped' soon so if this is done prior to re-homing that cost would need to be reimbursed. Delivery can be arranged with just reimbursement for gas.

OK ... sorry I've been away so long. I will fill in the details but basically I let it go. I figured neighbor's are more important than money or chickens. The dogs are now my friends ... and so are the neighbors. I can rebuild. I have 6 girls that survived and getting 4 eggs per day ... Not a "happy ending" but not a bad one.
In the country sometimes keeping a good neighbor can be very important, so I can understand your conclusion. I happen to have a "dog" visitor, and it's been aired out, so things are fine. But now that I've at least gotten the topic out that a dog has posed a threat to me, I have no problem if I have to make a snap decision about shot placement, and I don't feel any need to contact the owner about it. My neighbors know that I anticipate some losses with a free range flock, and they know that I believe expectations of losses is a two-way street.

Back
Top Bottom