Neighbors flock came for a visit.. Pic

Nicole01

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 28, 2011
MN
Yesterday my neighbors flock came over to visit mine. This happened very frequently with mine behind the run. This year mine were out of the run and the visit went surprising well. They all were looking for bugs together in our yard and they all got along! Shocking!

I'm afraid of her rooster, so I hid behind the coop.lol My neighbor wants some feather footed birds, so I agreed to let her breed her BR boy with my girls. We started the chicken raising journey together at the same time and bought the chicks from the same store.

Here they are upon arriving wondering why I'm in the run.lol
600262c2-72fa-91c2.jpg

I love her flock too, but not the rooster. He's a big boy and I do not trust him flogging me. I had the phone in hand in case I needed to call my neighbor to scoot her flock back into her yard.

Here's part of my flock going to see them.
600262c2-756b-ec4d.jpg

Last edited:
How nice for them to have friendly neighbors!

I would stand your ground with that rooster. Carry a rake and don't let him push you!

K

How nice for them to have friendly neighbors! I would stand your ground with that rooster. Carry a rake and don't let him push you! K

Oh, no way! He's a nasty one to us humans. I'm disabled and I can't with my neck injury. He's beautiful, but the only way I'll stand my ground is with a metal rake in my hand, maybe. He is very big. He has attacked and shed blood 4 times with his owners. He knows he's the boss! He loves my hens though and now they visit daily.

I do take care of their flock when they leave for town. I don't let them out of their run, but I'll feed them and change their water.

Last edited:
That is so cute!! It is neat that they can have friends over to visit.

I was wondering, does your neighbors flock roost in their coop when it gets dark or yours?
Have you ever found any of their hens in your coop that did not make it home before
it got dark?

That is just so adorable, nice that they get along well.

Back
Top Bottom