Nevadans?

missy/elizabth, how old are the birds that were wth gregory peck? I ant even remember what month i got him or the showgirls and im trying to gage what he is going to look like at maturity, as his gold has just FINALLY started to come in noticibly on his wings and a very small amount on the top of his head. His comb and wattles are so small, but his legs and feet are already larger and longer than my biggest hens....oh lil gregors!

missy/elizabth, how old are the birds that were wth gregory peck? I ant even remember what month i got him or the showgirls and im trying to gage what he is going to look like at maturity, as his gold has just FINALLY started to come in noticibly on his wings and a very small amount on the top of his head. His comb and wattles are so small, but his legs and feet are already larger and longer than my biggest hens....oh lil gregors!

He hatched March 7th or 8th.

Last edited:
Okay, went and snapped some pics of LIL Gregors...Im just really proud of this little guy and am REALLY REALLY excited for him to become a gigantic rooster someday, well...hopefully. I feel like his wattles should be much larger and he should have some more established hackle feathers by now. oh well, take a look at those LEGS. they go for miles! Here are some of the best pics I have of him. While i may have high hopes for his LOOKS, im not getting my hopes up for his personality. Hes wimpy and flighty and runs away if i even look at him. Nothing like porkchop, his showgirl brother who is the sweeeeeeetest!

see, he is already taller than mama and she is a TANK.

Look at those LEGS!!! theyre too long for him! he even tripped himself right after this picture and fell off the perch, haha. poor lil teenager.

elizabeth, this ones for you! and dont worry, shes found her voice again, haha.

Last edited:
Julie Peterson comes on here every now and then. Shes breeding silkies and showgirls right now. I do not think she is doing splash though. Besides her options in reno are kind of slim, as with any breed. It took me a long time to find a good quality silkie. The only one I have left now is from the sale barn at the stockton poultry show. Hopefully julie will chime in soon, though- good luck!

yippiechickie.gif
Everyone is all better! no more sniffles and no more bad smells. PHEW! those shots worked great and the birds took em like CHAMPS. even yesterday when Mark was out of town and I had to give all 3 their shots by myself they were all very calm and held still and didnt make a peep. ahhh i just love my birds. And you know how stressed I got the day all the animals started getting sick? (and boy does it take a alot to stress me out) this is just one of those times i prove to myself WHY i try not to stress, hahaha. I am bummed though because I had wanted to use Gregory Peck for an olive egger project next year and now i guess it will just have to be a personal project.

Sunny, sheesh glad to see you! I was hoping you hadnt vdropped off the face of the planet and lucky for us you didnt. HOORAY! Thanks for mentioning my venue! I was so excited that I had raced home to show you guys the pics, LOL. I really wanted some opinions since Im hoping every single one of you will be there.
wee.gif
Congrats on your cures! Is Elvis better too?

I was looking at the pictures of the venue you chose and I couldn't help but notice all the sand in that one area... My first thought was it looks like your chickens will be able to be part of the wedding party!
cool.png

Congrats on your cures! Is Elvis better too?

I was looking at the pictures of the venue you chose and I couldn't help but notice all the sand in that one area... My first thought was it looks like your chickens will be able to be part of the wedding party!
cool.png
Elvis is all better! thanks for asking!

it is very sandy right there and you know what the kicker is? They have chickens on the property! thats why i chose the place, LOL!!!

Hi everyone and a welcome to the new ones on here.

Missy, thanks about the whey and the tomatoes and such. I did not know that. Luckily I wasn't throwing away the whey since it's full of pro-biotics. I feed it to the flock since the whey has no lactose in it so the chickens and ducks don't get the runs from it. They love it a lot but I don't give them tons of it. Today I poured it in the garden on the tomato plants. My plants are full of tomatoes right now and so are my zucchini. It looks like I'm going to have a great crop this year.

Sunny, sorry I missed you b'day. I'm still visiting with my dad for the next couple of days. And, I'm so sorry to hear you lost a chick in the hot weather. This weather isn't doing us much good at all.

Aubrey, sorry to hear about your birds getting sick but I'm so happy they are better now. I love the river school, it's the perfect place to get married.

If I missed anyone or anything I'm very sorry.

Have a good night everyone!

Back
Top Bottom