Nevadans?

Hello All, Well I got to meet Ron last Saturday. It is starting to get that if I ever get stranded in Nevada at least I will have breakfast nearby. It was a nice visit and Ron is a wonderful fella. A really nice easy to access set up he has put together out there in Dayton. We didn't get to dig into his beehive due to the high winds and cold weather. We went to see out tobacco patch after that and the news is bad. real bad but worse than that is the news from Kathy. I will not share her personal information for her but will ask that all of you be thinking of her. She is having a rough year with personal health, accidents and now her mothers health has made a very bad turn. So just keep her in your thoughts I am starting to wonder just how long she can hold up under everything going on this year for her.

Ron it was nice meeting you and our visit turned out to be the best part of our trip. Let us know how things turn out with your garden.

I am up to my ears in reports, etc. to do this week at work. It's the end of the year for many of our projects. I will get through it but it's a bit stressful in the meantime.

Our broody is still broody. We have had evidence of 2 more eggs poked and eaten. Someone is being a bad girl. I got all of the plywood on the walls of the playhouse done yesterday and caulked the cracks. I'm not sure if I'll have time to do more during the week but i'll get out there for sure on the weekend.

sorry to hear about Kathy, Daniel. Glad you got to meet Ron, though.

glad you're almost done with the move, sunny, and for progress on your chicken set up.

thanks for the photos, aubrey! seems like the welsummer is right at home now. she looks great. Gregory Peck is a tall drink of water. It'll be interesting to see how he turns out. My GCM girl is quite large as well. She's bigger than some of my original hens now. glad your animal sicknesses have gone away.

sheryl, hope you are having a good time with your dad.

Missy, you are nuts! More produce to preserve!

welcome to all the new people, just in case I missed someone.

Thanks for the kind words, Daniel. I enjoyed meeting you and Kim and your daughter, too. I only wish we had been able to examine my bees more closely. Well we can save that for another day. I'll have to drop by your place next time I'm in Reno - which should be no later than the weekend of July 7-8. I'll let you know for sure when I do (you too, Missy!).

yippiechickie.gif
Everyone is all better! no more sniffles and no more bad smells. PHEW! those shots worked great and the birds took em like CHAMPS. even yesterday when Mark was out of town and I had to give all 3 their shots by myself they were all very calm and held still and didnt make a peep. ahhh i just love my birds. And you know how stressed I got the day all the animals started getting sick? (and boy does it take a alot to stress me out) this is just one of those times i prove to myself WHY i try not to stress, hahaha. I am bummed though because I had wanted to use Gregory Peck for an olive egger project next year and now i guess it will just have to be a personal project.

Sunny, sheesh glad to see you! I was hoping you hadnt vdropped off the face of the planet and lucky for us you didnt. HOORAY! Thanks for mentioning my venue! I was so excited that I had raced home to show you guys the pics, LOL. I really wanted some opinions since Im hoping every single one of you will be there.
wee.gif
Whew!!! What a relief to hear that the kids are all better!

You can bank on Steve and I being there for sure (well barring any more personal disasters
fl.gif
)! We have no intention of missing such a momentous occasion!!! In fact we are super excited and can't wait!!!!!
celebrate.gif

Sunny, sorry I missed you b'day. I'm still visiting with my dad for the next couple of days. And, I'm so sorry to hear you lost a chick in the hot weather. This weather isn't doing us much good at all.

Have a good night everyone!
Thanks Sheryl. Hope you have a good evening as well. :)
Hello All, Well I got to meet Ron last Saturday. It is starting to get that if I ever get stranded in Nevada at least I will have breakfast nearby. It was a nice visit and Ron is a wonderful fella. A really nice easy to access set up he has put together out there in Dayton. We didn't get to dig into his beehive due to the high winds and cold weather. We went to see out tobacco patch after that and the news is bad. real bad but worse than that is the news from Kathy. I will not share her personal information for her but will ask that all of you be thinking of her. She is having a rough year with personal health, accidents and now her mothers health has made a very bad turn. So just keep her in your thoughts I am starting to wonder just how long she can hold up under everything going on this year for her.
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that Kathy is going through so much! We will definitely keep her in our thoughts!!! Kathy it may not help much but know that we are sending out huge hugs to you and yours!

Daniel don't forget about our offer to help out. We have plenty of space and if it's too windy up here for tobacco at least the bees would be happy. I would be thrilled to loan you the space for them and we are right above an alfalfa farm now!
Thanks for the kind words, Daniel. I enjoyed meeting you and Kim and your daughter, too. I only wish we had been able to examine my bees more closely. Well we can save that for another day. I'll have to drop by your place next time I'm in Reno - which should be no later than the weekend of July 7-8. I'll let you know for sure when I do (you too, Missy!).
I guess Steve and I are a bit out of the way huh?
hmm.png

oookay y'all! here we go! testing out Mr. Pants's fertility!

One of my leghorns has been broody for three days, so I am testing her dedication. Shes been setting some eggs for two days and i gave her some more today. I know Ive seen Mr Pants on one of my EEs so i gave her two of them, Ive also seen him on my silkie and my splash polish so i gave her the only white eggs Ive gotten the past three days, I think its two of them. Also a lightly speckled egg that i think might belong to mama, and a cochin egg. We will see in a few days if they start growing! I dont wanna move her to a seperate pen because that broke Nanners right out of her broodyness. yeesh. I bet Mr Pants would make some pretty babies, but he may be still too young to be shooting anything other than blanks. :)

sunny its so weird not having you here everyday! I am in panic mode without you!

sheryl
frow.gif
were missin ya!

I dont wanna move her to a seperate pen because that broke Nanners right out of her broodyness. yeesh.

Hey Aubrey, If you let her stay in the main nest, just mark the eggs you have her setting on. Use a pencil and make a big X or something. I like to put the date on them that she started incubating them. That way I can keep tabs on when they're due. You want to mark them because the other girls will probably still use the nest, even though she's in it.

Don't move her to private quarters until at least one chick hatches. Adult hens that are NOT broody are dangerous to the new chicks.

oookay y'all! here we go! testing out Mr. Pants's fertility!

Good luck! I know Loco's eggs aren't going to hatch... she keeps switching nests, and the eggs keep getting cold. Sour might be more dedicated, but the eggs probably aren't viable anymore. What does everyone think? When Loco leaves them, the air has been as low as 65 degrees.

Hey Aubrey, If you let her stay in the main nest, just mark the eggs you have her setting on. Use a pencil and make a big X or something. I like to put the date on them that she started incubating them. That way I can keep tabs on when they're due. You want to mark them because the other girls will probably still use the nest, even though she's in it.

Don't move her to private quarters until at least one chick hatches. Adult hens that are NOT broody are dangerous to the new chicks.
thank you :) Ive already got them marked and ready. Ive had a broody hatch out eggs before and was able to sucessfully move her to a solitary pen before the babes came, but this one is a spazz and i know that moving her will cause her to freak out, lol. so yes, it will wait but the chances of the eggs being fertile are slim, mr pants is still getting the hang of the man thing hahaha

Back
Top Bottom