Nevadans?

I guess Steve and I are a bit out of the way huh?
hmm.png
Well, for this trip anyway. I may not even make it to Daniel's since the main purpose(s) of the trip are to pick up my new freezer from Sears and deliver the old one to Missy and Russ. The Sears pickup location is not at Meadowood, it's actually a warehouse in Sparks and they're only open half a day on Saturday. So not only is it inconvenient to get there on time, I'll also be hauling around a freezer!

Awe, thanks Aubrey, I'm missing everyone too.

That is so sad to hear about MythKat. She's in my prayers.

I have everyone integrated now. Bridgette won't sleep in the coop yet. First time this has ever happened with me. She stays with her 2 favorite ducks. It's so windy outside and she's cuddling with the 2 ducks to stay warm. I put in the coop on the roost and she promptly was back down with her ducks. She is out of the wind though. Lucky Leroy sure does strut his stuff all over the place. It looks like he's becoming bossy with his group of girls and yet he still has not crowed a peep. John is very happy he's quiet.

Well, for this trip anyway. I may not even make it to Daniel's since the main purpose(s) of the trip are to pick up my new freezer from Sears and deliver the old one to Missy and Russ. The Sears pickup location is not at Meadowood, it's actually a warehouse in Sparks and they're only open half a day on Saturday. So not only is it inconvenient to get there on time, I'll also be hauling around a freezer!

Well, I can make myself available at any time during that day to unload. I'll just stay home and work around the property.
I'm so excited! Just in time... these peaches will fill up the side-by-side, and I don't expect corn to go super-cheap for a week or so.
celebrate.gif

I took this pic today. These tomatoes are in Garden #1, in very good, compost-rich soil with no artifical fertilizers. The plant on the right has had whey dumped on it, from making my yogurt and cheese. They are both heirloom cherokee purples. Garden #2 is fertilized primarily with rabbit manure and Bibo's coffee grounds, but today the tomatoes, eggplants, and pumpkins got some whey. I haven't taken pictures of that garden yet.

Last edited:
well, guess who was sitting in a nest box this morning....my GC Marans. She was squatting away. I wonder if she will lay her first egg today or is just practicing.

we;re having serious egg eating problems again. 3 or 4 were eaten yesterday. first step, I stapled up some nest box curtains that I cut out of an old blanket. I read on byc that keeping it dark in the nest boxes can help deter egg eaters since they can't see the eggs as well then. next i may try the old mustard in the egg decoy.

missy, keep us updated on the sales you find. at some point I may have time to buy stuff to freeze for later. the tomatoes look great!

sheryl, glad you have you posting again. sounds like a good visit with your dad.

yep, it's oxine. I ordered it from Revival Animal Health.

We found this little beauty on the far right today--GC Marans' first egg. It's not as dark as Sunny's but it's the darkest egg I get!

Here's the young lady that produced the egg.

This young man has started to crow. Not too loud yet but he's now on the market (i.e., free). He's a speckled sussex. He's up for grabs.

Here is the pair of SS. they look so cute together. Hate to break them up. she's a real sweety.

here's one of the silkies.

Here's another silkie.

And finally, the cochin roo. He's also up for grabs although he hasn't made any noise yet.

Nice pics Elizabeth!
thumbsup.gif
Here are some of my meaties at 6 weeks.

ETA: This is a cactus outside my front door. It blooms around this time of year - the prettiest yellow flowers!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom