Nevadans?

Quote:
thanks for the advice. I have her with the other two smallest ones. I made her cardboard shoes since her toes were curling. she can walk sometimes but still falls over. Hopefully she'll get better with time. I think it'll be much easier for her to get to the food and water now. those other big chicks were knocking her over all the time.

well it's snowing here. I live in Stead off of silver lake road not far from red rock road. even here there can be a big difference in weather from down in Reno. we have got the roofing felt on the coop so at least it's partially protected. hopefully the weather will cooperate this weekend to get the shingles on.

I know! I pulled our little space heater out of the closet last night. I can't handle 65 degrees! The night before I just piled on blankets but last night I gave in. I'm still refusing to fire up the furnace though. These propane prices are ridiculous!
hmm.png

Quote:
thanks for the advice. I have her with the other two smallest ones. I made her cardboard shoes since her toes were curling. she can walk sometimes but still falls over. Hopefully she'll get better with time. I think it'll be much easier for her to get to the food and water now. those other big chicks were knocking her over all the time.

well it's snowing here. I live in Stead off of silver lake road not far from red rock road. even here there can be a big difference in weather from down in Reno. we have got the roofing felt on the coop so at least it's partially protected. hopefully the weather will cooperate this weekend to get the shingles on.

NOOOOO! Snow at Silver Lake? It's too early!!!
th.gif

Quote:

NOOOOO! Snow at Silver Lake? It's too early!!!
th.gif

barnie.gif

x2
th.gif
th.gif

ep.gif
SNOW! NOOOOOOOOO!
barnie.gif
Tell it to go away. I mean seriously, it snowed on the hill 4th of July weekend so we shouldn't get snow again until December!

Luckily I winterized the coop last week so I'm good there but my garden isn't ready for this yet. I put up over 30 qts of tomatoes already and I have at least 15 qts to go with the tomatoes trying to ripen right now. I made lots of bread & butter pickles, pears, pear butter, tomato preserves and such but I don't want this right now. I want my beans to make me seeds for planting next year and my pumpkins are still ripening atm. Tell this weather to go away and come back in December!
duc.gif
tongue.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
It was a brief flurry so don't panic! I have quite a few tomatoes I'm waiting on too. I don't get much so every one is so precious. It's supposed to warm up again next week.

Quote:
It was a brief flurry so don't panic! I have quite a few tomatoes I'm waiting on too. I don't get much so every one is so precious. It's supposed to warm up again next week.

I know but I just wanted to vent, I think today needed it.

Quote:

lol.png
yuckyuck.gif

Yes it's supposed to get warm again but rapid changes in temps are much harder on the body than just plain cold. Guess I'm not done complaining yet either.
duc.gif
big_smile.png

Quote:

lol.png
yuckyuck.gif

Yes it's supposed to get warm again but rapid changes in temps are much harder on the body than just plain cold. Guess I'm not done complaining yet either.
duc.gif
big_smile.png

clap.gif
Just think Sunny, you get more rain there then in Reno so now your wheat grass will actually grow more?
thumbsup.gif
th.gif

Quote:
lol.png
yuckyuck.gif

duc.gif
big_smile.png

clap.gif
Just think Sunny, you get more rain there then in Reno so now your wheat grass will actually grow more?
thumbsup.gif
th.gif

Yea except if I don't get the field cleared there will be no seed planting and before that can happen we've got to finish moving in and get the coop and shed back up. I just need a longer season and a new back and I'll be all set!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom