Nevadans?

Good morning! We're just slowly working on the new runs, but the covered part is totally done. Wahoo! We did two 8x10 sheds. Our old ones are 10x10 and 8x6.

Your new setup will be amazing. I probably should've done smaller areas, but I'm not doing projects like you are. Someday. Lol. As long as we do a little bit and keep making progress on top of everything else we have going on, I'm happy. The new coops are looking great though. For now, one is being used as a broody house, and the other has a bunch of teenagers and your OEs locked in with our hoop coop as a yard so they learn where to lay since we don't lock them up. With my dogs out and the windows open all night, I haven't been locking anything. I'm just glad we're away from the river so we don't really have any predators besides hawks and coyotes.

Covered part of yard, plastic covered inside for easy cleaning, and a couple of your babies. (3 OEs for sure are laying now with the brahma in the new coop.
smile.png
So pretty. )

Part corrugated metal and part shade cloth with corrugated plastic over it to seal everything.

One of your splash boys likes my broody Marans and Legbar
smile.png

That looks great! Love how much covered area you have in front. I will do a similar overhang, but not as much.

Wow! The Ameraucanas from my eggs are looking great!! I am really liking the 2 pullets I kept. Can't wait to hatch out more chicks next year and see what the BW Lark Rise boy produces.

Are all the OEs laying the same color eggs?

That looks great! Love how much covered area you have in front. I will do a similar overhang, but not as much. 

Wow! The Ameraucanas from my eggs are looking great!! I am really liking the 2 pullets I kept. Can't wait to hatch out more chicks next year and see what the BW Lark Rise boy produces. 

Are all the OEs laying the same color eggs?
I know 3 for sure are laying. One more to go. All are a tiny bit different olive shades. One with speckles. They are really pretty. Found one blue egg the other day. Now I'll have to lock up the wheaten girls too. It was really pretty blue! Don't know if it was your girls or the LR girls. ????

I know 3 for sure are laying. One more to go. All are a tiny bit different olive shades. One with speckles. They are really pretty. Found one blue egg the other day. Now I'll have to lock up the wheaten girls too. It was really pretty blue! Don't know if it was your girls or the LR girls. ????

These look way lighter in the picture, but all except the super dark one are babies I've bought/hatched from you, if the blue one turns out to be from one of your wheatens. Cuckoo Marans, CochinX, OE, Am. Nice mix!

Last edited:
These look way lighter in the picture, but all except the super dark one are babies I've bought/hatched from you, if the blue one turns out to be from one of your wheatens. Cuckoo Marans, CochinX, OE, Am. Nice mix!

VERY PRETTY!
thumbsup.gif
The blue egg looks like the color mine lay. Just look at the blue eggs in my avatar. The green eggs in my avatar are from my buff Ameraucana hens, the pinkish brown ones from the blue Cochins (mom to your CochinX girl) and the dark one from my GCMs.

Making progress on the chicken house. We have it all laid out and the piers set for the footings. The floor will be next. This part goes so slow! Goes so much faster once the walls start going up!

I have two silkies that are very friendly and need a new home. Unfortunately they are getting picked on by the rest of the flock. Willing to drive about an hour or so if you are able to take them in. They both appear female and are very mild tempered.

Back
Top Bottom