Nevadans?

Did my thread die? I didn't have internet service for over 2 years and it looks like hardly anyone is posting anymore. How is everyone? What have you all been up to?

Did my thread die? I didn't have internet service for over 2 years and it looks like hardly anyone is posting anymore. How is everyone? What have you all been up to?

Hi there! I'm new to this thread, but live in Reno too (south end of town). I have two 1 year old hens and three 12.5 week old "chicks". The new girls (Marcia, Jan, and Cindy) are the first ones we raised from baby chicks. It was so much fun and now they are as tall has our older hens, just not as full yet. Our hens are a white Leghorn (Mrs. Howell) and Golden Comet (Ginger) MaryAnn died a month ago
sad.png
. The new girls are Easter Eggers.

Hi there! I'm new to this thread, but live in Reno too (south end of town). I have two 1 year old hens and three 12.5 week old "chicks". The new girls (Marcia, Jan, and Cindy) are the first ones we raised from baby chicks. It was so much fun and now they are as tall has our older hens, just not as full yet. Our hens are a white Leghorn (Mrs. Howell) and Golden Comet (Ginger) MaryAnn died a month ago
sad.png
. The new girls are Easter Eggers.
Ah! Another Gilligan fan. Sorry to hear about Mary Ann. I don't live in Reno anymore but I made so many wonderful friends through this thread! Chicken folks really are awesome people (with rare exceptions). And Reno chicken folk are no exception. :)

Hi, yes we are Gillian fans! And Brady Bunch too. I guess I am telling my age (53) by my childhood programming. If all three chicks didn't make t (glad they did), probably would have changed their names to Laverne & Shirley.

Chickens started last summer for us. Made a trip to the new Tractor Supply in Carson just to look. Took home a chicken magazine and next thing we know, we are building a coop! It took us 2 weeks, then we got 10 week old chicks at 1 Stop Ranch & Feed's "chicken swap". We ended up getting one more from a guy in Gardnerville that said she was an Easter Egger (we didn't know any better) and it was Ginger who is a Golden Comet and an awesome chicken! New girls are EE, green legs and all!

Where are you now? Still have chickens?

Hi, yes we are Gillian fans! And Brady Bunch too. I guess I am telling my age (53) by my childhood programming. If all three chicks didn't make t (glad they did), probably would have changed their names to Laverne & Shirley.

Chickens started last summer for us. Made a trip to the new Tractor Supply in Carson just to look. Took home a chicken magazine and next thing we know, we are building a coop! It took us 2 weeks, then we got 10 week old chicks at 1 Stop Ranch & Feed's "chicken swap". We ended up getting one more from a guy in Gardnerville that said she was an Easter Egger (we didn't know any better) and it was Ginger who is a Golden Comet and an awesome chicken! New girls are EE, green legs and all!

Where are you now? Still have chickens?
LOL. Yep I'm 56 so I'm sure we watched the same shows. I loved Laverne & Shirley. :)

We live in Paradise CA now and yes, we still have chickens. I tried to pare down but we've already added a bunch more. Soon we'll have to build a third coop. haha

Hey all,
Long time no chat-

My daughter is wanting to keep a few rabbit in our turkey hoop house. Any breeders in the area?

She is interested in lop ,Californian or possibly harliquin. Actually she will be persuaded t ward a rabbit that can take the tahoe winter's with the turkey. Any referrals?

Kandi

Ms Sunny! I seriously wish you were still breeding. I haven't been on here in ages, but I'm on the hunt for a really nice BCM rooster for the girls I hatched from you and Wynette. I don't want to just put any rooster with them and ruin what you've worked so hard for.

And, wow...where is everyone?? I've been super busy, and apparently everyone is too. Lol (hello ...hello...hello...echo...echo...echo...........)

Ms Sunny! I seriously wish you were still breeding. I haven't been on here in ages, but I'm on the hunt for a really nice BCM rooster for the girls I hatched from you and Wynette. I don't want to just put any rooster with them and ruin what you've worked so hard for.

And, wow...where is everyone?? I've been super busy, and apparently everyone is too. Lol (hello ...hello...hello...echo...echo...echo...........)

I sold Silkie chicks to a person in Grass Valley that has some super nice black copper Marans. They are Davis and Little Peddler lines. I am going to get some eggs from her eventually. I know she has extra rooster chicks.
wink.png
Her name on here is Ann Lotten.

Back
Top Bottom