Nevadans?

So... I might be moving to Reno soon... Are BYC or ducks allowed in Reno? Not sure what area we will be living in yet...possible near the Spanish Springs area...But I really don't want to give up my birds again... right now I only have five young hens, one female Muscovy, and a bonded pair of sub adult runner ducks....

So... I might be moving to Reno soon... Are BYC or ducks allowed in Reno?    Not sure what area we will be living in yet...possible near the Spanish Springs area...But I really don't want to give up my birds again... right now I only have five young hens, one female Muscovy, and a bonded pair of sub adult  runner ducks....

Depending on what area you're moving to. Sparks allows chickens, but that's it. No roosters or waterfowl and they're pretty strict on how to keep those chickens. Reno allows pretty much anything as long as they're healthy and the area is kept relatively clean. Roosters are allowed but they fall under the noise law. As long as your neighbors don't mind, it's OK to have them. I'm in Sun Valley and I have 35 hens, 4 roosters, 10 ducks and 2 geese. My neighbors haven't complained or anything, in fact one of my neighbors got chickens and a Tom turkey. I love making that guy gobble lol!

Hi Courtney,

I used to live in Pahrump... There are so many awesome Chicken and poultry fanciers there!  There are also some great Pahrump chicken and livestock groups on FB that you can look up if you have a FB account. 

I actually help admin the Pahrump byc page :) are there any other good pages that are local?

So... I might be moving to Reno soon... Are BYC or ducks allowed in Reno? Not sure what area we will be living in yet...possible near the Spanish Springs area...But I really don't want to give up my birds again... right now I only have five young hens, one female Muscovy, and a bonded pair of sub adult runner ducks....

Spanish Springs is still in Washoe county so yes the birds should be allowed as they have no specific restriction on numbers of poultry or water foul however you will want to make sure that the place your moving to doesn't have a HOA or if so that the HOA does not restrict them. Also Spanish Springs is considered a congested area and as such all animals/livestock must be enclosed i.e. not allowed to run loose through the neighborhood or 'free range' personally I wouldn't let them roam as we do have Coyotes and other wild and domestic predators in the area

It's time for a new chapter and a new extended family here in Sparks, NV.

We are on the 20th day of incubating our Bielefelder chicks. Not sure what to expect and how many will make the incubation process but we think we have 6 out of 14. Shipping eggs is never a good thing. Straight run as well so we are hoping not to have all roo's.

I will post the results in a couple of days but at least they should hatch sometime this weekend.

All this is new to us but I've read as much as my brain can handle.

We also are 70% done with the chicken coop I am building. So much to do in so little time.

Well 8 of the 14 eggs have hatched today on day 21. We have 5 girls and 3 boys. 6 eggs still remain and we are hopeful they have made it.
We're excited to have them and to see their personalities.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom