Never Thought I'd See One Of These.....Egg w/in a Egg (Pics)

Quote:
No, there was no yolk inside of the outer egg, just albumen and the darker, regular sized egg. When we opened the inside egg it was completely normal.

Cool!
I just read about odd eggs in the Storey's book last night. She said the double shell ones are so unusual that they can't be studied, so the cause isn't well understood. They think that the normal egg gets reversed on its way out and the bird's system sees it as a new nucleus to build on.

Thanks for the pictures. That's just amazing.

I had the exact same thing happen to me. everyone I knew at work were taking photos with their cell phones.! Wasn't it weird when you tried to carefully crack it open expecting to see mayb 3 yolks cause sooooo lge? I was very confused cause my fingers kept feeling something hard inside and of course it was the smaller egg shell and all, inside. I had one more even slightly larger if possible 2 weeks later and did blow it out and now it lays on a special shelf all glossy etc. The second one did not have another egg in it though--so I could blow it out--however I don't know if we could have even blown out the first one Exciting wasn't it??? I kept going online to find out if it was a record and what caused it. Very interesting.

Wow! If she lays another egg that size, maybe you better donate it to science.
smile.png

Mine had a yolk in both eggs--That was what was so weird and eggs-citing!! That same bird layed an egg every day of her life at exactly 6:30 every morning can you believeit? She died at about 2yrs old though and I feel like she was probably just worn out . She always always layed the biggest egg in the hen house. Wish I could have cloned her. she was quite homely I am sorry to say but the other hens I am sure were jelous of her production. I felt so sad the day I saw her looking bent over and weak. Within 24 hr she was dead. eggbound maybe?? I was soooo new to the chicken riaising then. I gave her meds etc but nothing helped. also looked so swrawny and I'll neer forgt her. our Little Red Hen

Back
Top Bottom