1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New addition - Alsation (German Shepherd)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Kitsune, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Kitsune

Kitsune Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    Manchester - England
    Well I decided to help out a friend and take her dog for a couple of days while she sorted out issues with her fiance.. she came round tonight and dropped the bombshell, she doesn't want him back, in a choice between man and dog the dog once again looses out.. I hate this.. she has had him for just 2 weeks.

He is a wonderful dog, barks at noises outside but I've started ameichan bonding with him and it's looking promising. I can't keep him though, much as I wish so hard that I could... he's 14 months old, I'm away for 3 weeks on the 26th March, my mum is disabled, no way she can cope with him...

he is now on his 4th home, it's not surprising he's maladjusted... I wish there was more I could do for him.. I'm taking him to a friend of mines in a couple of weeks, spending the weekend down there with him, if things work well I could come back without him.

I just feel so dissapointed.

Here's a couple of pics of him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  2. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    If you weren't quite so far away I'd take him in a heartbeat! I miss my Aveia. She was longhaired, German bred, GSD. My best constant buddy, even in the house, for 12 years.

3. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Your friend needs a kick in the head!
    He's so pretty too...hope the last place will be a forever home for him.

4. OthalaAcres

OthalaAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2007
    Troy, NH
    What a cutie! I'd take him in a heartbeat if I could... German Shepards are the BEST!

Here's a pic of our boy Tucker hanging out with (another of my favorite furbabies) Erla my bottle fed house-lamb* a few years back:

[​IMG]

I hope you can find a good forever home for him. He's only 14 months, so still a baby. With dedication and work, I know he will probably grow to be an awesome companion for someone.

~Lily

* Since Erla quickly grew to be a 60+ lb ewe (but just as cute as ever!), she is no longer a house lamb. She now hangs out with her twin brother Skuggi and the other sheep outside! [​IMG]

5. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Did he ever find a home?

6. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    ahhhh [​IMG] I do do hope that he gets a nw owner very soon, he so deserves it, he is gorgeous!

7. I was about to say "WOW nice tiger skin rug..."

Then I saw the tag on it's tail [​IMG]

Tigers don't come with tags in the wild LOL

8. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Note as an educational aside:

Alsatian has two A's and there are no A's in Shepherd.

9. OthalaAcres

OthalaAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2007
    Troy, NH
    Quote:LOL! Love that! [​IMG]

10. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Choosing a man over a dog, that's a decision that will come back to bite you in the ass ... and not the dog.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by