New Baby Chicks! But theres a problem HELP SPLAYEDISH LEG

It does sound like a slipped tendon if the leg is backwards. I don’t know how to deal with that but maybe if nobody else on here answers you you can do a search of all the slipped tendon articles. It might be fixable with hobbles and chick chair.I think you have to do it right away since they grow so fast.
I just now put tape on the feet because it does have curled toes it has somthing else wrong with it too

Start some chick vitamins that contain riboflavin (b2.) Tape the curled under toes with tape on top and bottom with toes in proper place. Then use some vet wrap strips or tape to tape the legs about 1 1/4 inches apart.
https://www.fresheggsdaily.blog/2012/04/spraddle-leg.html

https://www.mypetchicken.com/backya...-toes-are-all-curled-up-whats-wrong-H293.aspx
Also sounds like it could be a slipped tendon because she said the leg is pointed backwards.I don’t know what to do for that aside from hobbles and the chick chair.

Ok I made a chair for it last night this morning hes doing better and drank water from a dropper.
Did you try gently rolling his leg between your two fingers to see if you could slip the tendon back into place? I googled it last night and there is a bunch of articles on how to do it, but it has to be put into place within the first day or two.

Did you try gently rolling his leg between your two fingers to see if you could slip the tendon back into place? I googled it last night and there is a bunch of articles on how to do it, but it has to be put into place within the first day or two.
I could't do that he kept squirming but, I did put the bandages on his legs. He is getting stronger I think in 1-2 more days he might be able to walk again. He also has curled toes the tape wouldn't work and kept falling off. I named him Sock.

Well, let me how it goes in a few days I am hoping she’ll recover from this.

Well, let me how it goes in a few days I am hoping she’ll recover from this.
Ok I taped the toes back and put bandages on the legs it didn't seem hungry when I tried to feed it heres a picture of Sock in her new sock chair. Sock LOVES SOCKS thats why I named him Sock :lau
20210323_213005.jpg

Back
Top Bottom