New Baby Chicks! lots of Pics

Catalina

Songster
12 Years
Jul 19, 2007
Minnesota
I picked up my baby chicks last night at the Post Office!
smile.png
They're from My Pet Chicken and they all seem really healthy. I ordered an Australorp, a Delaware, a Barred Plymouth Rock Bantam, a Golden Seabright Bantam and an Ameraucana Bantam.
When I opened the box and took them out there were five like I'd ordered, but instead of a BPR there were two yellow chicks, which I thought were 2 Delawares.
sad.png
I was a little sad, because I was really looking forward to having a BPR. They're sooo pretty!
The chickies were settling right in eating, drinking, ect. I watched them for about an hour - LOL I never knew they would be sooo fun to watch. It was almost 1am so I decided to clean up and I picked up the box they were shipped in and :eek::eek: I heard a little peeping sound coming from behind/between the straw and cardboard!!!!
The BPR was still in the box!! She is sooo tiny, but she started drinking and eating right away and she seems to be OK. Of, course I felt really, really guilty and I had to watch her for another couple of hours! LOL

987952097_9deffef47d.jpg
First Photo w/o BPR

988690838_0475620437.jpg
little lost Barred Plymouth Rock Bantam

988690824_26cea26349.jpg
Seabright Bantam

988690766_c59761cd1a.jpg
Seabright and Delaware sleeping

988690746_a38d8a3b56.jpg
Australorp & Ameraucana Bantam

988690462_2ab9c6899b.jpg
Seabright Bantam

Last edited:
From what I've read here about customer service at MPC, you should at least give them a call and send them an email about the mistake. I doubt they send you a replacement, but you might get your money back.

Oh my gosh!!! Poor little peep! She almost got thrown away! I'm so glad you found her.

The photo of the little girl doing the face plant totally made me lol. One of my girls did that the first day as well, I thought something was wrong with her at first.
lol.png

lau.gif
That baby on her head has me rolling on the floor. I've never seen a chick do that before!!!!

Poor barred rock.
sad.png
I'm glad you found her. I wonder how long she was stuck under the straw stuff. Poor baby.

Back
Top Bottom