New birds to the flock sneezing/coughing/lethargic. No vet near me!

Grooms74

Hatching
Jul 21, 2021
Hello all,
I am new here although have been raising poultry for 15+ years now. Can't believe all the great info on this site!
Anywho, I came into possession of about ten new birds to add to my flock. Quarantined them for 4 weeks and then I left open the outdoor run door so they could mingle with my flock comfortably and on their own terms. Well, after a few days I noticed a few of them sneezing, so I locked them back up into their own pen and monitored them. Have them hydro hen and vet rx (still currently doing that along with fresh thyme and rosemary and lots of fresh produce). They are now to the point of coughing and sneezing all the time. Symptoms: sneezing and coughing. I've had a drop in egg production, drastically. Sometimes no eggs at all in a day. No nasal discharge. Some hens are getting skinny. They seem to eat. Especially the produce treats and grass.
I further quarantined the worse hen. She is in a cage but herself to try and decrease stress. They all act normal, other than this.
Another problem is the outdoor run they have has zero grass, so I try and compensate by giving produce and ripped up grass from the yard
So in summary: coughing/sneezing
No nasal discharge
Acting normal
Poops seems okay(I'll be adding probiotics tomorrow)
Some hens skinny
Drop in egg production
No vets at all near me, so no antibiotics
Thank you if you read all that haha
Any suggestions?? I'm at my wit's end

Hi that's a bummer but you can get antibiotics online. I have never brought a chicken to the vet. I get tylan 50 from valley vet online. They won't ship to CA but I had no problem in Fl or Ma. I get same drug tyrosin you can add to the water from a pigeon supplier. Google chicken antibiotics online. It's always good to have on hand. With that many new chicks I assume water based antibiotics would be easier . Good luck.

Hi that's a bummer but you can get antibiotics online. I have never brought a chicken to the vet. I get tylan 50 from valley vet online. They won't ship to CA but I had no problem in Fl or Ma. I get same drug tyrosin you can add to the water from a pigeon supplier. Google chicken antibiotics online. It's always good to have on hand. With that many new chicks I assume water based antibiotics would be easier . Good luck.
Hi!
Thanks for the reply. Would tylan 50 be the best course of action for respiratory problems?

Back
Top Bottom