New Blues-Mad Roo (Pics)

COgirl

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jun 6, 2007
Falcon Colorado
My neighbor gave me her pair of 8 month blue cochins. They are really sweet.
My main roo Mattie (Australorp) same age, had just been curious about them so far no signs of aggresion. Of course they aren't together yet. But I have been hopeing for the best when it came time for formal introductions.
Well tonight Mr. Mattie actually bit my leg when I got to the cochins pen to give them treats, the funny thing is he was more surprised about it than me. When I turned to face him he couldn't get away from momma quick enough, I swear he had a look of surprise on his little face LOL.
I got ahold of him and gave him a good scolding :thun, he has been sulking (or planning his next attack) on his perch ever since. I think he is jealous, he eats treats out of my hand everyday and is very gentle with his girls. He jumped at my grand daughter once, she basically charged him and he eats out of her hand now too.
I hope all will find their place when the introductions happen. My chickies free range (5ac) hopefully all will have enough room.
Thought I would share pics of the new additions and "the man" Mattie.
Kim
FredandEthel2.jpg

TheMan.jpg

I tried to introduce my EE bantam to my big girls tonight. Not gonna happen!
The little guy did not stand a chance so i pulled him out. I guess my girls wont get a boy.
They act like they would like him through the wire, but i guess not. He will have to love the two gals he has. I should be getting my silkie girls tomorrow and would like to put them in with him someday. More his size
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom