New Brinsea Bator - $99 OMG

I would call them and say something. Even Priority Mail
is cheaper than that.

I've ordered parts from Brinsea before and the shipping was
reasonable. They padded it a little but that's ok.

Quote:
I paid $24 for shipping from FL to CA in 5 days (UPS).
Maybe the $42 is for express shipping.

Quote:

Don't know, that is just what it popped up when I checked out. I didn't asked for express or anything. Maybe I will call them. I am in MI.

I just did my first hatch ever with a used Lyon TX-6 bator I found on ebay. With the bid of $108 and shipping of $10, I could have bought this Brinsea brand new and had a 2 yr. warranty. Lost a few eggs (didn't hatch, one exploded). Being a total novice and not sure how much time had elapsed between lay date and actual into the 'bator date probably didn't help, either!
hmm.png
I had 5 OEGB BBreds; 3 hatched, 4 Silkie eggs (3 hatched) and 10 BO/BO and RIR/BO (8 hatched). This is after my lovable but MEDDLING 9 yo niece turned the bator temp knob. It had been holding perfect temp, and I happened to walk by & glance at the temp...
ep.gif
109 degrees. Most of the eggs had already hatched at that point, only one more hatched after that incident. I thought I'd leave them another day or two, and one that had partially developed exploded. There's not a funky enough smilie to describe that ....
sad.png
I tossed the remaining ones in the trash (no sound, no signs of life). Clean bator is now full again w/ silkies & OEGB BBred eggs...
wink.png
Can you get addicted to hatching after just one "hit" ?? *feel like an eggie junkie*

Last edited:
Quote:

Couldn't resist, gave myself a "bonus".

I paid $24.00 shipping from Fl to Fl + sales tax.
Got it today, did not unpack yet.

My "defense" not to buy it was that it holds only 24 eggs, but then I realized I am raising Bantams now, so I had to have it.

Always wanted a Brinsea, never was one available for $99.00.

Get one until you can, I am sure they are going to raise prices soon.

Anybody thinking of buying styrofoam box instead for more money than this ECO baby should immediately make an appointment with shrink.

LOL

Last edited:
I just ordered one also,and in fact posted a new thread under incubating chicks as I hadn't seen this one.
I just looked again,and they charged me 42 also,I am in Wa state,and whats really bugging me,is they give no info as to what kind of shipping it was,nor did they have an option to choose.
I think a few people here have recently ordered them though,maybe they will know.
I am definitely calling them in the am.

Amy

I am so blind...lol
I found it to... Ill be calling also!
Someone said it was express they thought,but it says ups ground..

Back
Top Bottom