New Brooder In the Works!!

AlpineSpringsRanch

Songster
11 Years
Mar 20, 2011
Just a teaser, more pictures to come. Got 50 baby chicks on the way from McMurray and 11 in the brooder I built last year. Figured out I needed more room. Was scouring the brooder thread and found the link to the Ikea hack...got me totally thinking in a direction I hadn't before...

Scored this on Craigslist this morning for $35.00 all solid wood!!

More pictures coming soon!!!

First a question. We had plexi glass given to us by friends but it was left in the sun so now the protective sheeting isn't smoothly peeling away. Any recommendations to help get that off? That's the only thing left to do (well aside from wait for chicks). I am afraid to get it with the razor blade and scratch the plexi. Other than the film the plexi is in good shape, not brittle or yellowed or anything. Here is what I am talking about:
brooder_8.jpg

Hubby picked me up from work and we unloaded the results. He only had an idea of what I wanted (he's merely tolerant of the my chicken habit) and a few pics from the brooder thread and this is what he has come up with so far:
brooder_1.jpg

brooder_2.jpg

brooder_3.jpg

brooder_5.jpg

brooder_11.jpg

brooder_10.jpg

brooder_9.jpg

Nice score. I would check with the plexiglas manufacturer to find out what is recommended. I am sure this is not the first time this has happened to the product. Otherwise, I would soak it in mineral spirits and see if that will help. I might dissolve the adhesive. When it evaporates, it leaves no residue.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom