new chick SO LOUD

Minky

Crowing
6 Years
Nov 4, 2017
Ontario
We just brought her home (she is 6 days old) and she wont stop peeping unless we hold her or at least sit by her. Its so loud.

Im using MHP and so far, she wont go under.... I have never raised chicks before. She is very rambunctious and likes to sit on her perch, run about and CHEEP.

Is all the cheeping normal. REALLY loud. OMG

And yes, she is an only chick.

Last edited:
oh my.. yes, only chick- ive edited now.. darn spell check.
Well, i have another 45 chicks coming- but not for a few weeks. i guess ill tell my 3 kids they dont have to put her back ... they are happy to chick sit for the next month.

oh my.. yes, only chick- ive edited now.. darn spell check.
Well, i have another 45 chicks coming- but not for a few weeks. i guess ill tell my 3 kids they dont have to put her back ... they are happy to chick sit for the next month.

Will the chicks be day olds? Because at that point she would be five weeks (if they'll be in a month from now) and at that point that age difference is too extreme to put them together. You're better off going back to wherever you got her from and getting another. Plus, I'm sure you all have to sleep at some point, lol, and she's not going to sleep just because you are, so she'll scream all night.

yes, they'll be day olds.
yes, I know.... i wasnt planning on raising them together, I didnt think the volume would be an issue... hopefuly she'll settle down...

..but I cant get other chicks just to keep her company...she better learn how to sleep in silence..

yes, I know.... i wasnt planning on raising them together, I didnt think the volume would be an issue... hopefuly she'll settle down...

..but I cant get other chicks just to keep her company...she better learn how to sleep in silence..
This isn't about her learning, this is about her base instincts telling her that she is in danger because she is alone. If you cannot provide what she needs for her well being that may mean that it's time to rethink having her at this point rather than getting another of her breed at the same time that you start your other chicks

Last edited:

Well she most likely won't.. get used to the constant chirps. chickens are social creatures and it's not really fair to have her alone. Little thing cries because she's lonely.

Back
Top Bottom