new chickenguard self locking door

CJClucks

Songster
May 21, 2018
North Texas
Has anyone used the new self locking door from chickenguard? I received mine in the mail today & was surprised to see so much plastic. At first I even thought the door was plastic but upon further inspection it might be painted aluminum. I'm trying to get something in place before we go on a vacation so now I'm feeling anxious about whether to give it a try or return it & try to get something else in time. :-/

My coop is in a fenced pasture with goats & a livestock guardian dog. My most likely break-in predator would be a raccoon. I will be mounting the door on the inside of my coop to avoid the goats messing with it...and the larger plastic area is on the back.

I've sent an email with to Chicken Guardian, whom I purchased through asking whether the product has been through any strength testing but thought I'd post here to see if anyone has had experience with this particular door...plus I just needed a place to share my stress. I read so many reviews before making a purchase & now I'm feeling nervous about whether I made the right decision.

20AF0FDE-6162-477F-97BA-C43B2C5ADEA4.jpeg A199144E-E97E-433C-8BBC-BF159FCE8782.jpeg 0EE31AC3-99AA-4E02-A046-3DC911B9F9B0.jpeg

Last edited:
I researched Pop doors quite seriously and decided upon an Ador1. I'm very satisfied and happy with my purchase. 1 1/2 years in operation and working flawlessly.
I considered Chicken guardian. I would have gotten only the power unit that pulls up the string. The door I would have made myself.

You can mount the Ador1 inside coop. You usually need to get the remote eye which is an additional $17.
I like my unit because it is quite raccoon proof. Sprocket drive.
All contained and very easy to install.

You need to make sure that your door on Guardian closes and edge goes past bottom strip so a raccoon can not get a grip of bottom.
Need to make sure that track stays clean and clear to assure complete closing. It is just gravity that sends door down.

BTW Ador1 can be mounted vertically like I have or horizontally.

I almost sound like an Ador salesperson:gig:lau
I'm not,,, just satisfied with my pop door.:thumbsup

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and :welcome
IMG_20170511_123637012.jpg

Back
Top Bottom