New Chicks! Any tips?

a123andpoof

Songster
8 Years
Mar 17, 2011
Yay we just got the chicks today!! 15 black sex links, 3 reds, and 2 we have no idea haha I will try and post pics tomarrow! So any last minute tips? How much should they be handled, I know today the poor things were probally stressed. Between people at tractor supply looking at them being shipped, being brought to out house and then everyone petting and playing with them. Tomarrow should be much calmer for them. Hopefully no deaths that would be very sad! I am very exited! So anyone have any ideas what these girls should look like?

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us.

Welcome!
smile.png

I recommend you get a baby cake! Chicks LOVE them and if you take them off the stick and just lay them on the floor of the brooder they turn into an awesome toy! Oh, and an old CD in the corner gives them a cheap mirror to be fasinated with too!

Baby cake are kinda like those seed cakes you give wild birds I believe. I checked out "Raising chickens for dummies" It is very good to read and easy to follow. I have raised chicks for a long time and thought I knew it all, this year I ran into some new stuff. The book also gave me some new ideas for old problems.

I just got that book at the library! I will have to look through it better. The cd sounds like a good idea, I think I will definatly try it!

You just brought home some EGG LAYING MACHINES... I had a black sex link once that didn't miss a day laying in over 3 months!

Her daughter, an EE, gives me 5 or 6 green eggs a week also... good genes.

Back
Top Bottom