New Chicks Dead!!!!!!

Geranium55

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 16, 2011
I just recieved my batch of 25 chickens from McMurray today and only 12 of them were alive. The box say they were hatched friday I recieved them Saturday. What do I need to do to get my money back or some more chickens? Do I need to send them pictures?

Most hatcheries will reship your lost chicks. Did you open the box at the P.O. ? They also will have a form certifying the damage in the shipment. I am sorry for your loss!
hugs.gif

BTW,
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I opened the box at my house. Would I have to take pictures of the dead chicks and how long will it take for them to reship the chicks?

I've haven't ordered from a hatchery yet and have wondered how the chicks are upon arrival. So sorry! I imagine the bad weather had something to do with it.
sad.png

Quote:
Yes, they have excellent customer service in my experiences with them. So sorry about your little chicks though.

I ordered 51 chicks that arrived last weekend. I received 54 chicks (my rare chick was a buff orpington pullet). I had 2 doa but I didn't call it in since they sent me extra females for warmth. I ordered from McMurray also. I usually have good luck with the chicks I get from them.

Since you lost so many, call them first thing Monday morning and let them know. They are good at working with you. Sorry about your loss.

Quote:
.... and the post office!

I got chicks from MM and they arrived in great condition on a very chilly Mother's Day. My post office called me to pick them up ...on a SUNDAY morning! What great service!! lol

Back
Top Bottom