New College Pets

allen wranch

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Jan 11, 2007
San Marcos, TX
I live in San Marcos, Tx, home of Texas State University. The San Marcos river flows through the campus and there is a park and sunning area for the students. A lot of ducks live on the river also.

I work for an attorney part-time and a client came by to see him yesterday. While he was in the waiting room, I kept hearing these quacking sounds. The sounds got closer, and in walks his girlfriend with a duckling in her arms.

I started talking with them and found out that some of the college students keep ducks as pets. They like to take them to the river and swim around with them.
I think we know what will happen to most of the ducks when school lets out.
barnie.gif

OR at a parents house! I have a pekin and rouen that I took in from a friend of my daughters at school. We happen to live just south of the University of Kansas. Some kids got 2 ducks in their apt. and then found out they couldn't have them, duh! So, mom (me) got that call......Hey MOM, will you do me a favor?......Why do mom's always rescue the animals?? OK, dads probably do too!

It may not be a problelm. I only know of this one person... "Lots" may be two more people.

Will check it out more around graduation.

Back
Top Bottom