new coop design

BMD17553

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 3, 2013
Ok so i have this really small coop right now connected to a fairly large run the coop has two nesting boxes and a really small roost, i want to build a similar one with bigger everything. i want to build it six foot tall six foot wide and eight foot long i then want to enclose half of it with wood and make a roost and have nesting boxes stick out of the back i then want to put the roost about 3 1/2 foot to the roof then the other half of the coop will be wired so its predator proof. any suggestions to improve it??

I definitely think you'll be happy with a larger coop. You'll also be able to have more chickens! Consider yourself, not just the birds. You will have to clean it, maintain it etc, so make sure it is tall enough to work in etc. If you have predators, make sure you use hardware wire and not chicken wire. Chicken wire will contain the chickens nicely, but will not stop dogs, raccoons or many other predators. They will rip it open and get the birds. Post pics once you start the new coop.

will do i will start building in about a week from now but i will post pics as i go

If it will sit on stilts, 6 feet will be rather wide to easily reach across to clean, move items, retrieve chickens.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom