New coop!!

Perch was flipped up from when that pic was taken. I didn’t like the way it was put
Not sure what this means...would need to see what it looks like now.

@aart is it abnormal that yesterday everyone laid an egg but today only 2? I have 1 arocona, 3 buff Orpingtons, and 10 RIR. I’m gonna look all over to see if they went somewhere else.
Not all birds lay every day....but from 14 to 2 might indicate that they are not comfortable with the nests and if free range they may have found a place they like better..... give it a few days, especially if you changed something on the nests....they don't like change.

now even I did see two hens in the same nesting box yesterday... even though there was 3 more open and I saw later on 1 hen waiting on a different nesting box to be empty even though there was 2 more open. Like waiting in line for a bathroom stall.

I have 3 nesting boxes and the most used is the smallest and darkest. I have seen two pullets in that box at one time. Also, I don't have perches and the boxes are approximately24 inches off the floor. They don't have a problem getting in or out.

@aart is it abnormal that yesterday everyone laid an egg but today only 2? I have 1 arocona, 3 buff Orpingtons, and 10 RIR. I’m gonna look all over to see if they went somewhere else.

I have 5 pullets. Yesterday I only got one egg. This morning there were 3 eggs by 7 am. Mine usually do better when I put fresh batteries in their morning LED lantern.

I thought they were very good motivational speaks. Telling them to either lay the egg or don’t there is no trying. Or the force was strong with them. Corny play on words. I’m kind of a geek.
I thought they were very good motivational speaks. Telling them to either lay the egg or don’t there is no trying. Or the force was strong with them. Corny play on words. I’m kind of a geek.

No worries Dr. Tucker. Most likely we all are.:wee:lau

@Dr.GarryTTucker can you cut a little v shape/opening for them to see into the nesting boxes. It looks like they are completely covered with just some slits. This is what I did, custom Carhartt curtains
KIMG0110.jpg

Not sure what this means...would need to see what it looks like now.

Not all birds lay every day....but from 14 to 2 might indicate that they are not comfortable with the nests and if free range they may have found a place they like better..... give it a few days, especially if you changed something on the nests....they don't like change.

I’ll give it a couple days, since Friday egg production was up...drastically. Thursday night was first night Friday first day. Yesterday morning I added golf balls
@Dr.GarryTTucker can you cut a little v shape/opening for them to see into the nesting boxes. It looks like they are completely covered with just some slits. This is what I did, custom Carhartt curtains
View attachment 1644772

I have them drawn back like curtains. Right now at least. I think it was the golf balls cause they kicked them out.

Back
Top Bottom