New Duckling Owner. Need advice.

I finally got my ducky a friend!! The new duckling is a 2 1/2 week old Muscovy. It's a little bigger than the first duckling but they took to each other perfectly. Little duckling was overjoyed and practically sat on top of the new one in order to be close to him and preen each other. Bad news is that new ducky is terrified of me(humans) and freaks out when he/she sees me. Singing to it calmed it down however and it also liked to have duckified company. Hopefully with gentle consistent handling and treat giving the duckling will get used to me. Can't wait to get pictures tomorrow.
I apologize if it wasn't correct to post on this oldish thread again.
So excited for you and your ducky. and yes quiet times just sitting with your ducklings will help to bring them around, get some dried mealworms ducks fav treats. and start by giving them some not to far from you then gradually bring them closer and closer but don't pick up the duckling just sit with it. Most ducks really don't like to be held. but if you go slow you'll have them eating out of your hand in no time. Look forward to pics.

So excited for you and your ducky. and yes quiet times just sitting with your ducklings will help to bring them around, get some dried mealworms ducks fav treats. and start by giving them some not to far from you then gradually bring them closer and closer but don't pick up the duckling just sit with it. Most ducks really don't like to be held. but if you go slow you'll have them eating out of your hand in no time. Look forward to pics.

Yep, to misquote Daffy Duck... "they may be cowards, but they're greeeeedy little cowards!" lol

Back
Top Bottom