Duck Obsessed
15 Years
Jan 17, 2009
North Eastern PA
I have one pekin and one rouen.

21337_hni_0084.jpg

21337_hni_0081.jpg

21337_hni_0082.jpg

I have them in a large storage tube with a soda bottle waterer and pine shavings as flooring. They also have a fleece hideaway house I built. I would love to keep them but I have to convince my mom. She's letting me keep them until they are half grown.

This is their house for now..
21337_hni_0086.jpg

These two breeds of ducks get large and fast. And you don't know if they are male or female, right?

If you truly love these guys(girls), please feed them the correct stuff: game bird starter crumbles (which has niacin).

Make sure they have plenty of water and don't blame them if they are messy, because ducks ARE messy.

Also, if it comes to you having to give them up....DO NOT just take them to a pond or park and let them go. THEY WILL DIE.

Make sure that you local zoning ordinances allow ducks also.

Talk over with your Mom for sure. Good Luck and
welcome-byc.gif

Good luck! I just hatched a small batch of Pekins and only one made it. He's in with my week old campbells. The little yellow ones are always the cutest
smile.png

I bought something called waterfowl starter at the tractor store. They told me it's non-medicated. It's crumbled and I've always fed it to my ducklings without any trouble.
smile.png

Last edited:
I feel alot better now that I found a place for them incase my mom won't let me keep them. My great aunt has a farm in Moscow, PA and she has cows and a large pond along with a shed that could be a good coop. She agreed to take them if I can't keep them. Their names are Webster (Pekin) and Patches (Rouen)
21337_hni_0093.jpg

21337_hni_0095.jpg

21337_hni_0098.jpg

21337_hni_0099.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom