New Eggers!

LocoTonyF

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2017
Northern Arkansas
My wife and I are new to chickens. We got our chickens June 16, 2017. They graced us with 8 eggs in the first 24 hours we had them. They are eleven two year old Cinnamon Queens. They all came from the same flock of coop/run chickens so their adaptation to their new digs on our place has gone very well.

We are retired and live in our little dream cabin on 10 in the woods of northern Arkansas with our two beloved dogs, Seamus and Whitey.

We are also interested in deer hunting on our property and my wife is an accomplished fisherwoman.

We found out about backyardchickens.com through Google searches for chicken information.

:welcome

Cinnamon queen from what I know are great layers and sweet birds. I have a flock of 16 various chicken breeds (barred rocks, golden sexlinks, silkies, easter eggers, cuckoo marans, and ISA browns) I also have 5 pekin ducks.

They seem to be just as you say. Also, the first night, we had to catch all eleven of them and coop them. Last night (second), we caught two of them to coop and the rest went on in by themselves after that.

Welcome to BYC!
Cinnamon Queens are great layers. That said, as your birds are two years old, you can look to get one more really good laying cycle from this flock and then see the decline in quantity and quality start. I'd use this year as a chance to get the hang of poultry keeping and plan to start some replacements this coming spring. ...look at replacing about half of your flock.

My wife and I are new to chickens. We got our chickens June 16, 2017. They graced us with 8 eggs in the first 24 hours we had them. They are eleven two year old Cinnamon Queens. They all came from the same flock of coop/run chickens so their adaptation to their new digs on our place has gone very well.

We are retired and live in our little dream cabin on 10 in the woods of northern Arkansas with our two beloved dogs, Seamus and Whitey.

We are also interested in deer hunting on our property and my wife is an accomplished fisherwoman.

We found out about backyardchickens.com through Google searches for chicken information.
Welcome to BYC!
We are glad you decided to join our flock.
This video should help you learn your way around this site better.
Get settled in then share some pics of your birds!

Back
Top Bottom